April 24, 2024, 11:27:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pitch Strip on Behringer D  (Read 860 times)

Roberto11

Pitch Strip on Behringer D
« on: March 27, 2022, 08:18:01 pm »
Hello there,

I'm Roberto and I'm new to these parts.

I am writing to you because I have a problem related to the Keystep 37 CV Pitch connected to the Osc v/oct input of a Behringer D.
Basically I can't adjust the pitch to go down a tone (or whatever). I can command a upper pitch but not a down pitch.
I thought that the problem was related to the setting of the 0V midi note for the two machines but setting both for example to C0 I get that the D plays several octaves above (about 5). If at this point I drop an octave with oct- of the Keystep I no longer have the diatonic intonations. Ah! i'm working in Volt for octave. In practice in this situation, C0 for both machines as 0v midi note, I go for lower minor thirds with each tone ... in this situation I can use the pitch also when going down.
I think it's normal under certain conditions but I don't understand why now.
To solve I am forced to keep the Behringer in C0 and in C6 or above the Keystep.
In this way I sound chromatically correct and therefore I have an apparently good control but I lose the use of pitch strep going down.
Is it normal work if I use the connection through the Pitch CV port?
I also tell you the other settings I use on Arturia's midi control center
Pitchs CV output: Volts per oct
0V CV: C8
Note priority: last
Mode Cv Source: Mod wheel
Mode Cv Max: 5v (I also tried other options)
Pitch bend range: 2 st
Gate CV: V-trig 5v

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance.

All the best,
Roberto.

amonti

• Apprentice
Re: Pitch Strip on Behringer D
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 07:43:06 am »
Hi Roberto,

I have an MKII and a Behringer D - here's how I connect CV to the Model D:

Connect "Pitch Out" ("PITCH" on the Keystep 37) on the MKII to "OSC1 V/OCT" on the Model D
Connect "Gate Out" ("GATE" on the Keystep 37) on the MKII to both "FC GATE" and "LC GATE" on the Model D using a splitter

I have 0V set to C0 on the MKII, plus a Komplete 49 connected to the USB input of the Model D.

For me, I can raise and lower the octaves on the Model D and the intonation is mostly correct (there's a slight voltage drift on my unit, but that's a different story), but  - and this is a big but - if I want to access the 'correct' octave range, I have to press a key on the Komplete 49 to provide the Model D with a 'set point'.

For example, like you, I'll turn on the Model D on and play using the MKII CV and it's approximately 5 octaves above C0, but if I press the octave down switch three times on my Komplete 49 and MKII, then press a low C on the Komplete 49, the Model D will truly start at C0. Your intonation is disappearing (I think) since you're at 0V already and can't go any lower - I think you need to tell the Model D to start at a different range using another controller or your computer (via USB to the Model D). From there, you can access your 'usual' range.

Please let me know if this makes sense.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines