March 28, 2024, 11:56:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Presets randomly change locations, get corrupted on power up  (Read 861 times)

frankdog

Presets randomly change locations, get corrupted on power up
« on: February 17, 2022, 07:31:01 am »
This is a strange issue:

I decided to create a project containing only the stock presets that I like. First off, the process is cumbersome. Having to load individual patches into a project one by one instead of being able to create a project with all the patches, then load them all in at once using MCC. That's a huge oversight from a company that started in the software game.

So, took several hours and then got it done, loaded them into the MF no prob. Then, after I powered down and came back later that evening, I discovered that after I powered back up, all the presets were in different slots, some had been duplicated, some had names erased but the patch data was still intact. That was a colossal waste of my valuable time.

I went back and started rearranging all the patches the way I had them, but that was taking way too long. I gave up. We have a recording to get done and now we can't use this synth at all and need to redesign several songs using a different synth. Very frustrating! This is totally unusable as a performance synth. I NEED to be able to have my patches organized and ready to go and not worry about them getting corrupted every time I power up.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have a solution? We've tried all the standard stuff with no success.

Firmware 4.0.1.1376
MCC 1.13.68
Mac OSX 10.14.6
Using Arturia-provided USB cable
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 04:32:52 pm by frankdog »

csurieux

Re: Presets randomly change locations, get corrupted on power up
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 09:31:50 am »
I have not moved to the last v4 firmware, staying on the previous.
Managing presets work, I have rearranged mines.
May be try it.

frankdog

Re: Presets randomly change locations, get corrupted on power up
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 09:40:32 pm »
Tried reverting back to 3.x.x.x firmware and that didn't do it.
The patches in the MF seem to be stable once I get them transferred over, but the new project I created in MCC to keep the ones I wanted, and in the order I wanted, gets jumbled up in MCC, losing my ordering and spreading patches out across the entire slot spectrum.

The problem seems to be isolated so far to projects created directly in MCC.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 04:35:00 pm by frankdog »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines