April 19, 2024, 04:18:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pressure to Buchla Easel Command  (Read 1325 times)

eriksoderberg

Pressure to Buchla Easel Command
« on: February 15, 2022, 09:38:02 am »
Hi!
I have a suggestion for an update of microFreak! I just got the Buchla Easel Command and was bummed to discover that the keyboard pressure won’t translate in a good way. Buchla does not support polyphonic aftertouch but will accept midi CC14 as an option. So if you could add an option to set aftertouch to be monophonic or direct to CC14 output it would be awesome,

Here is the midi specs of Buchla Command: https://buchla.com/guides/208C_208MIDI_Implementation.pdf

Another option might be  if Pressure CV out could be configured to a Buchla voltage option that could work too with a 3,5 to Banan cable.
If anyone in the forum  already have another option of getting pressure info to the Command I’d love to hear!

vinark

• Apprentice
Re: Pressure to Buchla Easel Command
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 11:01:25 am »
If both are connected to a computer you could use an app to convert midi massages. On win I use midiox, but mostly for filtering, not sure it can do transforms. But there are most certainly apps that can. And I think cubase can too with the logical transform.

eriksoderberg

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 01:54:00 pm »
My plan is to stay dawless with the hardware, specially for live gigs and jams.
But its a good option for DAW based work! :)

vinark

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 03:22:44 pm »
My plan is to stay dawless with the hardware, specially for live gigs and jams.
But its a good option for DAW based work! :)
I don't know how that is looked upon in the dawless scene, but a small and even very low powered laptop or tablet (windows) could run just a 8x8 midi interface, I have a midex 8, and do all the routing, much more flexible then other solutions for the dawless world. You could routeh clocks, notes and controllers that way. But maybe it is considered cheating lol.
If I went on the road (not likely) then I would do it like that, with my microfreak, moog sub37, novation circuit and arq 96 (which is the only usb midi only device). Now I use then in my studio fully DAWed.
Cheers! Hope you figure it out.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines