April 25, 2024, 07:15:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sample Rate on Sample Import  (Read 788 times)

ErgoDust

• Apprentice
Sample Rate on Sample Import
« on: February 14, 2022, 12:48:53 pm »
Hi all,

Interesting problem, I'm importing a kick into the sample editor. When I audition the sound its crisp and clear as the original sample. Once its imported, if I play it with the midi keyboard we loose some of the high end information across all velocities. I've turn key tracking off and am routing it straight out of pigments with no FX etc. I used an EQ to compare the original sample to pigments playing it and a lot of dips in the EQ curve above 2.5khz. Any idea what could be causing this or ways to fix it? Is pigments sample import inherently low resolution? This happens both in standalone and when hosted in logic.

Cheers

LBH

Re: Sample Rate on Sample Import
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 07:22:30 pm »
Hi,

Using a spektrum and a white noise sample i don't hear or see that result - in a short test.
I do hear and see a generel difference in volume on my meter. The rehersal sample seem to be around 4 db louder than the loaded sample, even if they according to the settings should be the same. I can't tell why, and i consider the voĉume difference to be a bug, as it's not an exspected behavior.
Do you exsperience the same result, if you balance the volumes and play the loaded samples root note in Pigments?

Am i missing something?

ErgoDust

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 11:34:28 am »
Hi LBH. Yes the volume difference is definitely there.

But the main thing is there is harmonic information missing in the 2.5khz+ range. Can see it very clearly with FF Pro Q3 on the sample as a WAV file and with pigments playing the wave file, there's a whole bunch of dips and round tops in the upper frequencies on the pigments version where there's a lot of information on the original.

Wonder what could be causing it....

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 06:27:07 pm »
HI,

You did'nt tell if you use the loaded samples root note.

Do you also turn of the filters?
Also have you turned Unison off, or checked you does'nt have more than 1 voice set in the Unison section?
And have you set all Envelope parameters except Sustain to zero?

As said, then i don't exsperience the big frequency difference you talk about. Can you post a sample and also some sound examples that show the sound difference?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 06:37:48 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines