April 26, 2024, 08:39:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I give my keylab bundled version of Analog lab to a friend?  (Read 1917 times)

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
Can I give my keylab bundled version of Analog lab to a friend?
« on: February 10, 2022, 03:01:16 pm »
Hello,

I already had the V Collection prior to getting my keylab essential keyboard, which came bundled with Analog lab V. Awesome. Now I have 2 Analog labs.

I have a friend who I would like to bless with this extra copy I now have of Analog lab.. so I emailed Arturia support to ask if the registration number of the keyboard and A.L. software could be separated, but to no avail. They said this cannot be done as they are an inseparable combo.

My question for members of this forum, since I still of course want to use my keylab for everything else, do I lose any functionality or benefits of my keylab keyboard, if I just unregister the keylab from my arturia account/email, and give my friend the keyboard registration number to put it into his account? (that way he gets my extra bundled software copy of analog lab).

Thanks in advance

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Can I give my keylab bundled version of Analog lab to a friend?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 03:11:15 pm »
The only thing i can think of that you might lose is the benefit of firmware updates. Worst case scenario, if any critical updates are released (spoiler: there have been no critical updates, ever) you'd have to connect it to your friend's computer to update it.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 03:30:34 pm »
That makes me feel better about it, then. Thank you for the quick response!

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 03:40:32 pm »
wouldn't I be able to download it from here if, lets say, they did release a new firmware worth upgrading to?
https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 06:32:28 pm »
I guess that's true...I didn't think about that.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 07:10:56 pm »
My 2 cents. Something to think about.

if I just unregister the keylab from my arturia account/email, and give my friend the keyboard registration number to put it into his account? (that way he gets my extra bundled software copy of analog lab).
Doing so by own choice, then you in legal rights give away your controller. You will no longer have any rights in term of support or warranty either.
The owner of the controller have the right to the bundled software and other benefits - that might also include better product offers.
Also if you do like you suggest, then it would be cheating - not legal, as it's only to seperate the bundle. Also your friend can claim you have stolen the controller given as a gift by you. Your license transfer is will be the proof.
I would not transfer any license or registration.

You (the owner) have the right to the availble product activations on the owners units.

I suggest you keep your registrations and licenses for your self on your (the owners) account. Have safety in mind.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 07:14:18 pm by LBH »

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2022, 07:46:28 pm »
"Doing so by own choice, then you in legal rights give away your controller. You will no longer have any rights in term of support or warranty either..."

"...Also your friend can claim you have stolen the controller given as a gift by you. Your license transfer is will be the proof..."

"...I suggest you keep your registrations and licenses for your self on your (the owners) account. Have safety in mind."

I definitely appreciate this response; some good wisdom right there. Paints a realistic picture of what could happen if it landed in the wrong hands. As someone who is fairly new to the world of VST instruments, I'm not as familiar as you all with how many crooks like this exist out there who do things like that regularly. I would of course not consider them a friend if they ever did anything of the sort. However, as you say, probably better to be safe than sorry.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 07:50:57 pm »
I have lived long enough to know that some friends perhaps sometimes  is'nt anymore. But still i'm mostly talking about what's legal.

BTW: I don't have a Arturia controller. But perhaps a controller need to be registrered in order to use the Midi Control Center.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines