April 16, 2024, 08:46:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sliders sending pitch bend data  (Read 797 times)

msintros

• Apprentice
Sliders sending pitch bend data
« on: February 10, 2022, 01:25:47 am »
If I have a track armed in my DAW and it is set to "all" for input, and I play any instrument, I will get random moments where the pitch bend will all of a sudden zero out.  For a while I was puzzled by this but then realized that it didn't do it if I set the track source to specifically be the "Arturia Keylab Essential 61 MIDI in".  There's a separate one for "Arturia Keylab Essential 61 DAW in".  Then I eventually figured out that if I touched any of the sliders on the Keylab, this would cause the pitch bend to zero out.  So this tells me a few things:  the problem is not in the pitch wheel, as I originally had feared, and it specifically relates to the sliders, and that this information is coming through the "DAW" part of however the Keylab communicates. 

What it doesn't answer is:  why are these sliders specifically sending pitch information?  I even opened up the control center where you can set what each control does and set those sliders to transmit nothing, and it *still* does this.  I don't really use the sliders for anything currently, nor any of the other DAW controls - I basically just use it as a keyboard.  But someday I might want to use the sliders and then I'll have to figure out why they're sending pitch data in addition to whatever else they're supposed to be sending. 

Anyone have any insight? 

LBH

Re: Sliders sending pitch bend data
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 08:14:16 pm »
Hi,

You have posted in a couple of threads. Please don't multipost like that.
Also please look for post, where the solution might  be, when you post.

Are you sure you have set up your controller correctly both as a DAW surface controller and as a Midi keyboard controller?
Look in Aeturia FAQ to find out how to set up the controller for as a DAW controller. Also read the small text.
And refer to your DAWs documentation on how to set your controller up as a keyboard controller.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 08:17:01 pm by LBH »

msintros

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 04:49:12 am »
So... you're telling me to look for existing solutions, but you don't know what that solution is, so therefore it probably doesn't exist? 

Got it.

But yes, I'm sure I have it set up correctly.  This isn't my first rodeo. 

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 01:33:58 pm »
Maybe you're playing a monophonic patch and the sliders are being interpreted by your DAW as sending a low note, which would manifest itself as seeming like pitch-bend, if the patch plays low-note priority. Just a thought.

Also quit it with the sarcastic passive aggressiveness. You came here for help. None of us are being paid to give it to you. We're all just enthusiasts / users, just like you, who joined one day to ask a question and decided to stay to help others. When you've earned the respect to lick LBH's shoes clean, I'll let you know. Until then, take heed of any advice he gives, because he knows his sh-t.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 11:47:40 pm »
So... you're telling me to look for existing solutions, but you don't know what that solution is, so therefore it probably doesn't exist? 

Got it.

But yes, I'm sure I have it set up correctly.  This isn't my first rodeo.
Look like your purpose is'nt to get help, as you did get a possible way to find a solution.
Perhaps your purpose is to piss people off.
So goodbye.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines