April 20, 2024, 01:50:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab randomly shifts pitch  (Read 2637 times)

Mike Wallace

Keylab randomly shifts pitch
« on: August 03, 2021, 12:08:06 am »
Hi. My Keylab Essential 61 on occasion shifts up a half step when playing standalone software pianos. I don’t think it has happened yet within a DAW instrument.  In fact if I open a DAW piano after this shift happens, it is still at convert pitch and the clash is blood curdling!  I have tried resetting the board - didn’t help.  It is completely random.  Oh - if I rapidly wiggle the pitch bend wheel is can restore the correct pitch for a while, but it usually happens again.  It would be a disaster in a live gig.

LBH

Re: Keylab randomly shifts pitch
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 12:28:07 am »
Hi,

Does the Keylab controller have a calibration function for the wheels?
Does the Pitch wheel output a modulation, when it happens? Have you checked using a midi monitor?

I can't be sure. But to me it sounds like the Pitchwheel output data. And if there is'nt a calibration option for to regulate this, them it perhaps can be dirt or an error with the wheel. If it's not dirt, then you perhaps need a new Pitchwheel or a Pitchwheel repair, if you can get that fixed. If it's dirt, it perhaps can be fixed with a cleaning that follow the guideline for generel cleaning in the manual.

If the keyboard is'nt too old, then perhaps this can be fixed under guarantee.

Please keep in mind, that this forum is'nt Arturia support.

Mike Wallace

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 04:05:07 pm »
Thanks - will do a bit of MIDI monitoring. It is only a few months old…

msintros

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 01:29:43 am »
I know this is old, but I just posted a new thread about an almost identical issue.  If you haven't figured this out yet, see if your sliders are what is actually causing this to happen.  Wiggle your pitch bend knob to get it back to normal and then touch one of the sliders.  I bet it will jump the pitch bend as you describe.  Not sure why this happens, and hoping to get an answer in my new thread. 

amonti

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 07:18:30 am »
I know this is old, but I just posted a new thread about an almost identical issue.  If you haven't figured this out yet, see if your sliders are what is actually causing this to happen.  Wiggle your pitch bend knob to get it back to normal and then touch one of the sliders.  I bet it will jump the pitch bend as you describe.  Not sure why this happens, and hoping to get an answer in my new thread.
May be because of this issue: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108648.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines