April 26, 2024, 04:52:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab essentials 61 Midi center sustain pedal assignment not working.  (Read 2352 times)

Bangerang

• Apprentice
Hi
Got the midi centre open and the keyboard is recognised as 'keylab essentials'. Editing the sustain pedal assignments not helping. The pedal is a Nectar expression with a 2 pole switch and a range dial. The keyboard only registers an on/off state and the midi centre is set to a range from 0 to 127. Im new to the midi centre and pressing sync throws a message that sync isn't supported and to use store/recall instead. Dont know if that has anything to do with  not being able yo get a sustain range recognised by the keyboard. Any help appreciated.

LBH

Re: Keylab essentials 61 Midi center sustain pedal assignment not working.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 05:42:10 pm »
Hi,

Try to reverse the pedals polarity with the polarity switch. I assume the 2 pole switch you mention is a polarity switch.

Bangerang

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 02:49:33 am »
Hi LBH
Thanks for your reply!
Yeah its a polarity switch and is the very first thing I tried,, and didn't work. On a side note, got my minifuse 2 interface today after waiting for more than a week, and no connection cable. I was advised by the shop to get a printer cable in the mean time. I mean 'what th heck'!!!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 10:59:50 am »
It's pretty normal for manufacturers to no longer include USB cables, especially considering some people are using USB C while some dinosaurs like me still only have equipment with USB A. The presumption is most people have at least a dozen of whatever cable they need already lying around.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 05:12:44 pm »
@Bangerang

Which Nektar pedal model do you have?
What excacely do you mean by pedal assignments? If you have a sustain pedal pluged into the sustain input on the controller, then it should work out of the box.
Have you tested the pedal, and are you sure the sound you try is prepared to use with a sustain pedal? Pplease mention a Arturia factory sound.

Bangerang

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 03:57:07 am »
Hi MajorFubar.
Yeah, cept its printed on the inside lid of the box and in the manual: Note: We strongly recommend using the included cable with your interface when connecting your device to a computer to avoid any connectivity issues. The included USB cable has been specially
designed for the Arturia MiniFuse 2.

Thanks LBH
Its a Nectar NX-P expression pedal with a with a 1/4 inch TRS jack (like a wha wha pedal from the olden days). Plugs right into the keylab sustain pedal input. Yeah I also expected it to work straight away, but the pedal only works as a switch, either full on sustain or none. I'm not sure if the sound used has a pedal assignment but all sounds register (over three plugins) pedal movement as a switch, not a pedal which is strange for a grand piano. The keyboard display shows sustain pedal levels that jump from zero to 127 and nothing in between. I have installed the midi centre and selecting the jack allows me to edit the midi state of the pedal but  editing that makes no difference to the hardware. I am still trying to find out how to use the midi centre and save edits.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 04:24:33 am »
I don't have a Arturia controller.

Now i see what you mean Bangerang.

It actually work. I understood the pedal was'nt working at all.

Keylab essentials sustain input work as a switch. It can be set to Gate or Toggle functionality. It's not working as a continous control. You can set On/ off values not min and max like you mention,  - and like you afaik can with a Keylab MKII. So no values between the On and Off in Essentials. There is a reason why the controllers are named Essential and is cheaper. Afaik Essential controllers also does'nt have Expression pedal inputs. You can use a expression pedal like a switch in Essentials, and that's it. If the Sustain pedal could do what you wan't, then it could be used as expression and for half pedal. Would'nt make sense not to have expression pedal inout then.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 04:53:08 am by LBH »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 01:47:50 pm »
Hi MajorFubar.
Yeah, cept its printed on the inside lid of the box and in the manual: Note: We strongly recommend using the included cable with your interface when connecting your device to a computer to avoid any connectivity issues. The included USB cable has been specially
designed for the Arturia MiniFuse 2.

Ah. In which case it's probably wise to ask your retailer. I'm not sure what's so special about the included cable though, other than it will be a genuine data cable and not just a 'charging' cable where the data-lines haven't been connected up.

Pretty sure the Essential line only supports on/off sustain pedals.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Bangerang

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 10:54:59 pm »
@ LBH and MajorFubar.
Ah thanks guys!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines