March 28, 2024, 10:41:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniFuse 2 connected to a PC Thunderbolt port  (Read 1312 times)

julianbaena

MiniFuse 2 connected to a PC Thunderbolt port
« on: February 03, 2022, 12:05:47 pm »
hey guys
I got the minifuse 2 and it's doing a great job so far.
my doubt is IF is it ok to plug the minifuse to a thunderbolt port (USB-C).  or is there any issue with USB speed blah blah blah...
I'm using the supplied Arturia cable with an adaptor (USB-A to USB-C) to my PC.
I read all the FAQ related but I can't find something specific about it
please let me know your thoughts if it is right.
cheers!

covercultural

• octordle
Re: MiniFuse 2 connected to a PC Thunderbolt port
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 10:25:24 am »
My question is whether or not it is safe to connect the minifuse to a thunderbolt port (USB-C). or do you know whether there is a problem with the speed of the USB? I'm connecting the Arturia cable to my computer with a converter that changes USB-A connectors to USB-C ones. I've looked through all of the relevant FAQs, but I can't seem to locate anything particular about it.

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: MiniFuse 2 connected to a PC Thunderbolt port
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 01:13:41 pm »
Hello !

There is no problem using a thunderbolt port if you want to, as the thunderbolt is USB compliant this should works flawlessly.

Fun fact about USB speed, the device declare it's speed (and power) to the host. The host adapt itself to the device in order to speak at the same speed.
If the computer is not able to deliver the required speed or power, you will have an OS warning about that.

The MiniFuse is pretty standard and will not need anything specific, there will be no issue plugging it wherever you want (still, avoid unpowered cheap giant USB hubs).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines