March 28, 2024, 03:47:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature Request: Embedded Presets  (Read 1030 times)

Bubson

• Apprentice
Feature Request: Embedded Presets
« on: February 01, 2022, 10:15:27 pm »
This one feature is holding me back from making pigments my number one goto instrument, when I build my own presets I like to know that the files I save going forward into the future are always going to work. When importing samples from my library, who knows what might happen to the directory paths etc. This is why I would like to see Pigments support the ability to embed imported audio into the saved preset itself as an option, not only that but primarily also to put the icing on the cake, an added option to save the imported audio to a daw based preset.

Personally, I use Studio One and for a long time now have changed to saving all presets at the DAW level only, this means if I ever need to wipe my system and reinstall everything.. I don't have to go through all of my instruments and effects to back up all my presets, to then go back through and put them all back to where  they need to be. all I need to do is point Studio One to my primary studio one folder and automatically everything I made is right there where I left it for every plugin. I never have to think about backing up anything as It all just saves to my primary folder that lives on my external drive and years of presets, chains etc are back with a click of a button.

A great example of this is the plugin "The Mangle" by Sound Guru. I can go into the settings and 2 tick boxes are available "Ember Audio in MNG file" and "Embed Audio in DAW Presets"

This would be great for Pigments, I hope my explanation gives a good idea as to why this feature is so important to people like myself.

Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines