April 25, 2024, 10:17:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep 37 Not Recognized by MIDI Control Center  (Read 1439 times)

studies_suggest

Keystep 37 Not Recognized by MIDI Control Center
« on: February 17, 2022, 07:37:50 pm »
I am having connection issues with my Keystep 37. The keyboard is brand new. I'm running it on a mac using Monterey 12.1. When I first tried to connect it, I used the USB cable that came with it and USB-C adapter. The device only worked on Ableton for 30 seconds to a minute before freezing. I read online that I needed a direct connection to avoid this issue. So, I purchased a USB-C to USB-B midi cable. Unfortunately, I have the same results. It freezes. Additionally, the midi control center doesn't recognize the device and I can't update the firmware. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone know of a possible solution?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keystep 37 Not Recognized by MIDI Control Center
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 01:54:20 pm »
Welcome.

Have you tried updating to Monterrey 12.2 upwards? Can't guarantee it will solve it but early versions of Monterrey had also sorts of weird crap going on, reading through the MacRumors forums. Also are you Intel or M1?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

studies_suggest

Re: Keystep 37 Not Recognized by MIDI Control Center
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 06:32:16 pm »
Thanks!

I just updated to Monterrey 12.2, but my connection issue didn't change. I was really hoping that would fix things. But, alas...

My mac uses Intel.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines