April 26, 2024, 10:54:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: White window when loading the VST  (Read 3008 times)

djerzinski

• Apprentice
White window when loading the VST
« on: August 12, 2021, 01:47:13 pm »
Anyone else faced this issue? Half the time when I load the VST in Ableton 11, I get a white screen and can't use it.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: White window when loading the VST
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 02:09:14 pm »
Nope.
Does it happen in any other DAW?
Does it happen when opened as a standalone?
What are you running? Windows/MacOS/what version? (Won't help me but might help any Arturia techy guru who reads it.)
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

LBH

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 03:54:04 pm »
Hi,

Also be sure the plugin, the DAW and the graphic card driver is updated.

djerzinski

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 07:32:16 am »
@LBH
Yes, my system is completely up to date. I use currently Windows 10 (20H2)

@MajorFubar
The issue doesn't seem to happen in the standalone version. I feel that when I load the plugin, it takes time to load and the thing just stop the process at one point and freeze on the white window you get at launch. I didn't take time to test it thoroughly, but it seems to mostly happen when I open a second instance of the plugin in a project (the first one working normally).

The only other DAW I use is Renoise but Arturia doesn't support this DAW at all and since last major update, the display is completely messed up (not cool).

LBH

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 04:05:27 pm »
I don't have a PC with Ableton Live installed at the moment.
It seems to be either DAW related or computer related somehow.

Do you have enough RAM also for the GUI - and enough CPU ressources?

I assume you have checked the graphic settings in Live. Especially if you use high definition screen and settings. If not, then i suggest you do so.

If everything is updated and ok, then i suggest you contact Arturia support.

bellamy112

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 07:02:41 am »
I have recently noticed some VSTs are showing up with a blank/white UI. In this case, the controls and UI are invisible and unusable.
 world of solitaire

Deepmojoman

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 07:59:57 pm »
I have recently noticed some VSTs are showing up with a blank/white UI. In this case, the controls and UI are invisible and unusable.
 world of solitaire

I am going to second that. The exact same thing is happening over here, with me. And just to prove that this is not DAW specific: this situation with me is happening on an otherwise completely functional Cubase Pro11.

So, I am going to actually include this screen redraw issue into my YouTube review of the MiniLab/Analog Lab V that I'm doing today. Arturia needs to get on this and have it fixed please. Pretty good piece of software: some pros, some cons. But this-this simply needs to be understood as completely unacceptible. As said by Djerzinski:

Anyone else faced this issue? Half the time when I load the VST in Ableton 11, I get a white screen and can't use it.

. . . just remove his use of the words "Ableton 11" and replace them with "Cubase"-or-any DAW-and you get what I'm saying. My project had an important part handled by an instance of Analog Lab V, and now it is completely unaccessible. I can't get to the settings, tweak it, change it-do anything with it. So the entire project is rendered completely unusable.

Get my drift? This is major.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 05:52:32 pm »
@Deepmojoman
Have you asked Arturia support? I think it's good to check fact's as much as possible, if one will make a review. Too many does'nt do that.

Deepmojoman

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 05:54:05 pm »
Hi LBH-thanks for the question.

In answer to your question: No, I have not yet brought up this actual issue to their support. But I didn't do it for this reason: from all the detective work I did on this site, it looks to me like this is definitely Arturia's Official Forum. And Djerzinski, the OP, actually started this post back in August 12, of '21. 3 people-including myself-have posted about this issue, at least two of them with different DAWs. So I'm saying all of that as evidence of the fact that this is a wide-spread issue, and I think Arturia should get perhaps a little more of a push from affected users to address this issue.

The review that I gave was an honest take-from my own unique perspective-of what's going on with the Plugin, as well as with the Standalone. Of everything that's going on with it: yes, the Good (and even the Great), as well as the bad. Here's a link to the video so you can see for yourself: https://youtu.be/xmqD5dZkYhE

Simply put: I am a fan of Arturia, and of what they do, but I'm just not a fan of this particular situation, which creates an enormous headache for me-the User.

To further my thoughts about contacting Support: I have contacted Support multiple times for other, unrelated issues, since obtaining my MiniLab in December. The average wait-time for a reply ended up being about 18 hours. So, again: this is not encouraging someone like myself-whom is on deadline-to want to reach out to Arturia for help from their support. I can't see how anybody in such a situation would think about reaching out to support, if they knew they had to wait for so long, and all the while the project they thought was near finished now has to be partially rebuilt because they no longer have access to a key plugin for that project.

So, my point being: this is the type of problem that simply needs to be addressed ASAP-it should be considered critical. I would advise Arturia to have their own watch their Forum maybe a bit more closely, so that they can keep tabs on feedback like this, so that they would have more of a fighting chance to nip it in the bud.

I am really trying to be fair to Arturia here, and I hope I am. As I said in my video: I am a fan. I want them to continue to succeed. But I feel they are due this type of feedback-and can take this type of feedback-when it is warranted. I feel, in this situation, that it is.

I'm not trying to insult any Arturia Lovers out there, and I apologize if I have, however inadvertent the insult might have been. I too am one of your ranks: an Arturia Lover.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 05:58:12 pm by Deepmojoman »

LBH

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2022, 05:29:43 pm »
Hi Deepmojoman,

So the simple answer to my question is - no. Got it.

I'm sorry if you have had bad support exsperiences. It's hard to relate to, when not knowing what the issues was.

There is nothing in your post that give me any reason to spend time to watch your video.

Nothing i know of indicate the reported issue is widespread. The 3 reports you mention can even be solved by now. We can't tell. Perhaps all other users make it work somehow.
BTW: Arturia is not the only manufactor to use resizeable and not scaleable plugin GUIs. And some plugins still don't use any of this. Look to me like most peaople got it working. But without confirmations and can't be sure about the one or the other. To bad you did'nt make sure. I wonder what you wan't to get out of your video.

My purpose is not to defend Arturia. Real issues need to be faced and fixed where- and whenever there is an issue - if possible.
I was not offended or insulted. Perhaps i am now by the fact you mention it, and you apparantly can think that should be why i asked my question.
I like some things with Arturia. I assume people who use their products do. But i can't tell, if it's the same in the future. That depends.

I don't think the response time from Arturia support you mention is a long time compared to supports in generel. Even within 24 hours that's Arturias normal response time is not very long for supports. But yes, it's still a long time to wait, when you wan't things to go very fast.

No one say this is'nt a Arturia official forum. But it's not Arturias official support.
However - I do agree Arturia should use the forum more. I have suggested this for years my self. Arturia should read everything and log reported issues. It would be good, if they were more active in the forum. Some things should'nt need to be reported directly to support. That would as i see it help both users, support, sales and developers to save time. I do rely on some things are being read and logged from the forums by Arturia.

Lets get back to the topic.

Cheers

Deepmojoman

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 12:31:19 am »
Hi LBH-thanks for the reply.

I wasn't really thinking about you when I was assuring that I didn't mean any offense. I mean: I don't know you at all, and so I don't have impressions about you either way, other than you seem really helpful, and have been around for what looks to be a long time.

I was thinking more of the Unforseen Person, who for whatever reason might be inclined to take certain things or issues personally.

You wouldn't believe some of the flaming I have experienced in the past from simply asking a single, innocent question, and directed towards no person whatsoever, only to be immediately attacked. Badly.

I have guessed later that these were simply Trolls who like to drop a bomb, start a fight and then drop back and watch the pain. I don't know either way. But that experience has taught me to try to preface my sharings (especially on topics wherein there might be an Uber-dedicated fanbase) with a lot of assurances of no harm meant.

That's all.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 12:33:52 am by Deepmojoman »

LBH

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 03:43:40 pm »
Hi Deepmojoman,

All good.

I do have some of the same exsperiences. Both ways. Some don't wan't to see issues. Some judge others wrongly. Some don't wan't to search informations, see solutions or try to understand other ways to do things -  but only wan't too see issues - also without really solving anything.   :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines