March 29, 2024, 11:47:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer: Customization of presets  (Read 948 times)

stickster

Sequencer: Customization of presets
« on: January 23, 2022, 05:57:13 pm »
I often start with a preset scale when using the sequencer function, and when I do, I sometimes want to tweak a note include/exclude or the Chance setting for a specific note. Right now, I need to switch to Custom, and then change all the settings to match the Preset, except for my slight changes.

I think it would be a great enhancement to the UI if the scale elements were active, and if I select or drag them, the preset would switch immediately to Custom and I could make additional changes in place. Let's say I want to alter just the Chance of a note. When I click that setting, the preset should copy itself to Custom and then I can edit anything I want. If I make a mistake, I can always quickly choose the preset again, and start over.

Another option would be to simply have an element that allows me to copy the preset to Custom, and then I can switch to Custom to make further changes. In fact, that might be even better, so I'd be warned I was about to overwrite a custom scale I already set up.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 06:03:50 pm by stickster »

EricP

• Apprentice
Re: Sequencer: Customization of presets
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 02:55:32 pm »
Yes, agree that would make things easier

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines