March 28, 2024, 02:39:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI Mappings are not remembered  (Read 679 times)

gosmith

• Apprentice
MIDI Mappings are not remembered
« on: January 20, 2022, 06:33:45 pm »
I'm using three instances of Pigments, within host application GigPerformer, with each instance set to a different MIDI channel (1, 2, 3). In each instance, I've set up MIDI mappings for CC#7 to control its master volume: CC#7 on MIDI Ch. 1 controls the first instance, on MIDI Ch. 2 it controls the second instances, and on Ch. 3 the third instance. This works great as long as I keep GigPerformer open, but unfortunately these mappings are not saved within the host file - they are lost when I close GigPerformer and reopen the same host file. (Actually, the Ch. 1 mapping is "remembered", since it is the default setting, but the other two instances default back to master volume responding to CC#7 on MIDI channel 1 only.)

I've tried creating Saved Configurations for the 2nd and 3rd instances, but these configurations disappear when I reopen the host file. I don't see any point in exporting the configurations and re-importing them every time, as this would take longer than simply re-setting the MIDI Channel #s for the 2nd and 3rd instances' CC#7 mappings.

It would be nice if the MIDI mappings could be saved with the Pigments preset, but unfortunately this does not happen either.

LBH

Re: MIDI Mappings are not remembered
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 07:36:26 pm »
Hi,

Please read this: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108293.0
It's the same topic i believe.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines