March 29, 2024, 06:04:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Recording with reverb on headphones for singer  (Read 3279 times)

wilmarboer

• My creative agency ...
Recording with reverb on headphones for singer
« on: January 20, 2022, 02:42:45 pm »
Hello,

I'm about to switch from Steinberg my interface (UR44C) to a Arturia Audiofuse Studio. But one feature that I use a lot is that the UR44C has a little but quite good sounding reverb in the control panel of the interface so I can give the singer a bit of reverb while singing while still maintaining zero latency monitoring.

From what I know now the Arturia does not have onboard DSP. But one the Arturia website there's a picture with an FX knob on the monitor page on each channel (see attachment) and a line that says "Powerful FX emulations". But looking in manuals and watching several Youtube reviews I can't find any of that.

Does or doesn't the Arturia have some onboard FX?
How do you track when a singer or instrumentalist wants some FX in their headphones?

Thanks,

Wilmar

psumi

• Unkruut
Re: Recording with reverb on headphones for singer
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 07:44:10 pm »
Hi Wilmar

First: no effects built in.
Second: therefore I have a simple reverb on a channel with 100% mix to reverb and I send it to the singer. The latency will play the reverb a bit later, but that doesn't really matter. But something like sending a compressed signal is not possible with this method.

MoBeats

• Apprentice
Re: Recording with reverb on headphones for singer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 04:21:35 pm »
It is possible to connect an external reverb effect device to the Arturia Audiofuse Studio and send the singer a reverb to the headphones but still record the dry signal. I use this function myself.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines