March 28, 2024, 05:00:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: As of this morning, none of my V collection apps open on click. Damaged Files?  (Read 866 times)

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
They were working fine yesterday. I also noticed that Arturia's website is down for maintenance this morning—coincidence?

I do keep everything on an external drive as well, since space is limited on my internal HD. Maybe something is damaged the the external drive causing this. However, I can still access all other files on that drive just fine, so I wanted to make sure this wasn't happening to anyone else, or has happened to someone here in the past?

I assume whenever the site is back up I would re-download the ASC and reinstall everything, would that be the best next step

LBH

Hi,

My applications open fine even if Arturia site is down for maintenance.
My applications is installed on internal drives.

Strange issue you are having. But yes a reinstall would be a thing to try, in case it's about damaged files.
I'm interested in knowing if things work without doing anything, when Arturias site is up again after maintenance.
But you should be able to open even deactivated applications.
I can't rule out it can a system or local issue of some kind. I hope it's a simple thing.

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
Thank you for the quick reply!

I just redownloaded the ASC since the site is back up.
It won't let me set the install path for my V Collection to the same folder, as it says that the path is not empty.
I wasn't able to find info about how to properly uninstall the V collection, do I just delete the folder in my external drive, reset my install path to a new empty folder, then click "Install all" in ASC?

My main hesitation is that I don't want to use up another one of my product activations, as I have 4 left. Want to save them if possible—just wasn't sure if installation/activation meant the same thing here?

LBH

Your welcome.

Please keep in mind this is'nt Arturia support. I'm a user.

Are you sure your external drive have been given the same drive letter/ id as when you installed? Like if you have had the drive unplugged or have had other external devices plugged in.
You issue can very well be about that. If you use the same letter/ id for your drive as it had when you installed the collection, then it might work without doing anything else.

Here is how to uninstall: https://arturiahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741261714-How-to-properly-uninstall-an-Arturia-software
You have to put the paths you have used instead.

But if the uninstaller can't find the correct path, then you might have a problem in doing this way.

About Activations/ Licenses, then in ASCs prefernces under Licenses you can deactivate all Arturias products on your computer. (But again i can't tell, if your disc issue will give trouble.)
You can also deactivate through your Arturia website account though.
The fact you have 5 licenses does'nt mean you only can install 5 times. It mean you can install on 5 devices at the same time. If you deactivate one, then it's free to be activated again.
Does'nt your product show as activated in ASC? If not, then that might indicate the drive letter/ id have been changed. But i can't tell for sure.

I'm on Windows 10. I think i have seen in a post you are on MAC, and i don't know much about MAC.

Perhaps your issue is a user error.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 06:12:34 pm by LBH »

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
Might not be official "arturia support," but your help got me through my issue and I'm up and running now ;D (in my experience they usually take longer, anyway)
I am indeed a Mac user, and I couldn't figure out how to troubleshoot why it wasn't working, or why the paths were not cooperating, so I just used that link you gave to manually uninstall/trash everything where Arturia content was installed.

Then I migrated a bunch of large local files to my external HD, and used ASC to reinstall my entire V Collection to my main computer's HD. (It got inconvenient having to plug it in every time I played, anyway).

And as you predicted, it fortunately did not use up another activation since it's on the same computer.

Really appreciate the help

LBH

Your very welcome. Glad to hear your up running.
Thanks for reporting back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines