April 20, 2024, 01:37:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Modulation button active when in settings or touching ribon/morphee  (Read 692 times)

spyinzedark

• Apprentice
    • VolvaX
I dont understand why mod knob is inactive when in a settings menu where its useless anyway ? Or the worse is when you touch the ribbon or the morphee, the mod knob is inactive ?! imagine if you couldnt move your cutoff knob and filter env knob at the same time ? in fw2.0 they are both displayed alternatively and its ok. whats the difference with the mod knob ?. this different behavior is really for no reason to me...
Could you fix this in a next update ?
Thanks.

larioso

Re: Modulation button active when in settings or touching ribon/morphee
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 04:56:50 am »
+1

And I would not mind if display was not taken over when using ribbon or morphee.
A setting to disable that behavior would be much obliged.
So ribbon and morphee could be used without disturbing what is displayed.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Modulation button active when in settings or touching ribon/morphee
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 10:06:54 am »
For completeness, I repeat the explanation from the other thread here:

It would be bad, indeed if the cutoff and other sound parameter knobs were locked out, but of course they never are since they're dedicated single function knobs. The Amount knob is not a dedicated knob though. It is a context sensitive knob used for mod matrix editing, MID channel setting and sequencer editing.

The Amount knob is just like the parameter knobs used in context with the menu as found on many synths. Thus the Settings, Sequencer and Mod Matrix are different contexts that need to "own" the Amount knob - it's not meant as a performance function, although you can use it that way when the context is the the Matrix' Mods mode.

I agree that it would be handy if it worked when the Ribbon and Morphee pages are shown, since you may want to adjust a mod amount while auditioning a certain Ribbon and Morphee positions. I have submitted this suggestion on the internal testing forum.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 10:14:26 am by DrJustice »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines