April 19, 2024, 04:51:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: VCOs fine tuning mode available (in +12 and +24 mode for vco2)  (Read 825 times)

spyinzedark

• Apprentice
    • VolvaX
VCOs fine tuning mode available (in +12 and +24 mode for vco2)
« on: January 16, 2022, 02:35:33 pm »
this chromatic behavior of the vcos simply needs an on/off switch in the menu
Its a no buyer to me !!
Thx
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:22:25 pm by spyinzedark »

larioso

Re: VCO 2 fine tuning available in +12 and +24 mode
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 02:58:40 pm »
I miss interpreted this myself too at first. I looked at it as a global setting.

But since this setting +12 or +24 is per preset, and assumed to be used when you need it - I'm ok with it.

Modulation can still be used as you wish with continuous.

But understand the need to fine detune, and tend to use Key/Seq source a lot for that.
Then you get a keyboard tracking how much in various parts of keyboard.
But you have to go by ear, I cannot make any sense of pitch modulation from Key/Seq source saying so and so modulation amount.

So you have mod wheel, morphee X,Y,Z axis and ribbon too for live performance to do this.

Did a quick test with ribbon, and set to 24 it works really well. Even disregarding what you set knob range to.
Mode Tap and Hold works fine - goes 2 octaves up and down from middle. Think there is a bug regarding Scan and Slow Scan which alway goes one octave it seems, even with 24 as setting, but you might just set it higher in mods amount which I did not check. But could be I did not understand the Scan settings quite.

Hope you find a way....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 04:22:07 pm by larioso »

spyinzedark

• Apprentice
    • VolvaX
Re: VCO 2 fine tuning available in +12 and +24 mode
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 02:21:18 pm »
Thx for your reply larioso. you propose a workaround that work for some cases

But it really depends on how you use the synth and there is so much ways...
For me i nearly exclusively improv live with keybed and rarely use presets so i would apreciate a continuous behavior on every knob if i wish to, even if the range is 12 or 24 semitones .
The only thing is to let choice to the user i guess...it seems to me a really easy feature to add (its actually a forced feature i wish to be removed...)
using a workaround like spendin one controller like the ribbon to do one simple thing like the vco detuning is a waste for me because there is a knob for that already which is the tuning knob but which act chromatically if you want bigger range for some reason.
Just plz arturia let the user choose because there is so many of them... as you like to say : "your experience, your sound..."

i just bought the polybrute AND the super 6  so i can keep them for 30days before returning one or the other...
super 6 has some issues too !! i'll make my mind ::)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:26:01 pm by spyinzedark »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines