April 19, 2024, 01:38:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Error on GUI Loading - SOLVED!  (Read 11031 times)

badhabit2112

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Best quality MainStage Sounds on the Web
Error on GUI Loading - SOLVED!
« on: January 18, 2022, 06:00:32 pm »
Good day everyone,

I just updated to the latest version of the Arturia V Collection 8 and am now getting the following error when opening any of their VI's

[XML] Error on parse file / Library/Arturia/Matric-12 V2//resources/matrix-12 V2_gui.xm;: Cannot connect signal ToggleOff from Component (toolbar_preset_side) to slot Close Tuto for component
(Tutorial)(/Users/jenkins/root/workspace/VC/release/matrix12/jucearturialib/src/DeclarativeUI/UIBuilder.cpp:2557

This happens for all V Collection instruments - in the above error message only the name of the VI is changed.

It "appears" to be the message that basically says "there's something new do you want to see what it is" and gives you an option to click yes or no.  In this case, I cannot get past this screen to do any editing of the VI.

i am using the following:

MacMINI Late 2012 2.3 G Quad Core I7
16 GB Ram
OS 10.15.7
MainStage 3.5.1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - I cannot access the VI at all to edit or change any settings, but I can still play what was there before the upgrade.  I can create a new channel strip but get the same error message when I open any Arturia VI.  IK Multimedia, Korg, or Apple VI's are unaffected.

I'm attaching a screen shot for more clarity.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 03:39:50 pm by badhabit2112 »
MacMINI 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, OSX version 10.15.7, 16 Meg Ram, 1TB SSD, Mainstage 3.5.1, Korg Kronos SE 88, Yamaha EX5, Roland Ax Edge, Arturia V Collection, Korg Legacy Bundle, IK Multimedia Sample Tank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic, Syntronic, B3X, GSI VB3, AI-Studio D50 VR

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Error on GUI Loading
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 08:52:54 am »
I would try removing everything and re-installing
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

badhabit2112

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 05:33:44 pm »
Oh lord.  Just curious what that might do to the patches I already have saved?

If it means they're gone, there has to be a better option....
MacMINI 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, OSX version 10.15.7, 16 Meg Ram, 1TB SSD, Mainstage 3.5.1, Korg Kronos SE 88, Yamaha EX5, Roland Ax Edge, Arturia V Collection, Korg Legacy Bundle, IK Multimedia Sample Tank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic, Syntronic, B3X, GSI VB3, AI-Studio D50 VR

badhabit2112

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 03:39:27 pm »
Hey everyone, I just wanted to respond after my problem was resolved.

As suggested by MajorFubar (gotta love that screen name :P ), I reinstalled my software.  Everything seams to be back to normal for now and all of my presets were untouched.  For those interested in how I did it, please read below:

First thing I did was went the finder and went to the following path:

System Hard Drive / Library / Arturia / Presets

I made a copy of that folder and placed it on my desktop JUST to be sure my saved presets were not deleted.

Then I went to the Arturia Software Center, clicked on my V Collection 8 item in the list and used the ""Reinstall" option

I waited for everything to be completed, then reopened MainStage.  After it finished the standard "new" VI checks and opened, I checked several of my MainStage patches that had various instances of V Collection instruments.  They all worked as expected AND all of my user programs were still there.

I then deleted the patch folder I copied to the desktop since everything was still there.

Thank you for your help.  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines