April 16, 2024, 06:51:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Probability per step  (Read 3065 times)

gajimicu

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Probability per step
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:56:05 am »
The probability and randomness settings affect an entire sequencer currently, which is fine but far from being really usable.

A lot of manufacturers have integrated probability per step, which allow you dial in the percentage of chances that a specific step will trigger.
Elektron has that in their drum sequencer Digitakt, and a bunch of modular sequencer have that functionality too.

This allows you to define a sequence for which some of the steps you choose won't trigger each time.
I think it is much more useful as you can create controlled variations on a sequence, it's not just completely random, it's whatever you choose.

Hope people will agree that this is something that should make its way to the beatstep pro,!
thanks

bgbgbg777

• Apprentice
Re: Probability per step
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 11:19:47 pm »
indead. A must have.

luchoooo

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 05:14:34 am »
How come this topic is dead???? This is a must for any respectable sequencer... I can't believe arturia hasn't paid attention to including this together with their "innovative" randomness/probability combo.

This is the only thing that makes me keep going back to my korg sq-64 and putting the BSP aside...

F23

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 02:24:34 pm »
Hello Arturia,

your marketing makes it look as if you where musicians yourself.
The products however give me the feeling that you actually never use your own products to make music.
Lucky you have a Forum where users give you the best ideas for free - you just have to read them once and fix them in an update.

No need to thank us, just do it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines