March 28, 2024, 01:37:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is it possible to listen to the inputs of MiniFuse 2 without a computer?  (Read 1242 times)

Speldosa

• Apprentice
This is somewhat of a longshot but I just wanted to ask: Is it possible to use the MiniFuse 2 in standalone mode, meaning that you feed it power but don't connect it to a computer and simply pass along the audio from the inputs to the outputs (by turning monitor to input rather than USB)?

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
Re: Is it possible to listen to the inputs of MiniFuse 2 without a computer?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 04:29:21 pm »
Hello !

Yes you can, siply by pressing the direct monitor button in the front panel of the unit.
Our audio interfaces don't need a computer to work.

Cheers !

Speldosa

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 02:28:20 am »
Hello !

Yes you can, siply by pressing the direct monitor button in the front panel of the unit.
Our audio interfaces don't need a computer to work.

Cheers !

Thanks for the answer! Just to clarify, do you mean the “Direct mono” button? In that case, will this monitoring only be in mono? Also, as a follow up question: Is this possible on the MiniFuse 4 as well? I don’t see any button or mixer potentiometer there at all ???

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 01:14:58 pm »
Since Tim may not be back until Monday, I'll give it a shot now.

Thanks for the answer! Just to clarify, do you mean the “Direct mono” button? In that case, will this monitoring only be in mono? Also, as a follow up question: Is this possible on the MiniFuse 4 as well? I don’t see any button or mixer potentiometer there at all ???

All the MiniFuses work stand alone for monitoring the inputs. It works slightly differently for the three versions:

MiniFuse 1 has a Direct Monitor button that will pass the input to the outputs.

MiniFuse 2 has a Mix knob that sets the balance between the direct monitoring of the audio inputs and the USB audio. It also has a Direct Mono button which will pass both inputs to both outputs for the direct monitoring.

MiniFuse 4 has a full fledged user configurable mixer for output pairs 1/2, 3/4 and the loopback. It will use the last setup that you made in the MiniFuse Control Center.

Here's my MiniFuse 4 mixer setup that passes all inputs to outputs 1 and 2, and as soon as the computer is up and running it will also pass USB audio :
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 01:45:26 pm by DrJustice »

Speldosa

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 09:11:12 pm »
Since Tim may not be back until Monday, I'll give it a shot now.

All the MiniFuses work stand alone for monitoring the inputs. It works slightly differently for the three versions:

Thanks for this very illuminating answer.

I would like to always hear the inputs directly when no computer is connected to the Minifuse and I would like to only hear the USB audio whenever a computer is connected, and I unerstand fully how to achieve this using the MiniFuse 1 and MiniFuse 2 (by pressing buttons and turning knobs on the front of the device).

If I understand it correctly, when using the MiniFuse 4, I need to use Minifuse Control Center to turn off direct monitoring whenever I connect a computer in order to only hear the USB audio, correct? That is, I take it that I can't set it up so that I automatically hear audio directly from the inputs only when I haven't a computer connected.

The reason I'm asking for this clarification is that I'm going to use an iPad rather than a computer a lot of the time, and I guess that MiniFuse Control Center isn't available for iOS. Also, I would just like for the process to be as simple and quick as possible.

If this is possible to do, I'll go for the MiniFuse 4. Otherwise, I'll buy the MiniFuse 2 since I don't need four inputs (it would just be really nice to have).

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 11:14:25 am »
If I understand it correctly, when using the MiniFuse 4, I need to use Minifuse Control Center to turn off direct monitoring whenever I connect a computer in order to only hear the USB audio, correct? That is, I take it that I can't set it up so that I automatically hear audio directly from the inputs only when I haven't a computer connected.

Yes, that's correct. You could just not make any sound on the inputs, but it's not the same of course. So yes, an MF2 could be the right choice if you may not be able to run the MFCC.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines