March 28, 2024, 11:33:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Size of data on external SSD x10  (Read 1697 times)

Tjos

• Apprentice
Size of data on external SSD x10
« on: January 10, 2022, 10:28:09 am »
Hi team,
My internal hard drive on my windows PC is close to be full, so I want to move the data of my V Collection to one of my two external SSD drive.
I tried to do it in several ways, including the move option of the ASC.
Each time I have the same issue: the size on the external SSD explode. For example, the analog Lab V that has a 1.03 go size is taking 18,9 gb on the SSD  ???

Any idea to solve this?
Thanks for your help

LBH

Re: Size of data on external SSD x10
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 08:55:38 pm »
Hi team,
Hi,

This forum is not Arturia support. We are not a team. You can't exspect Arturia to reply here, even if they sometimes do so. I'm a user.

For example, the analog Lab V that has a 1.03 go size is taking 18,9 gb on the SSD  ???
The 1.03 you mention is without the engines, presets and samples and other ressources. Have not checked the ALV size here.
The 18,9 GB you mention is all the data you have in the resource folder. I have not checked how much that is here.

Do you only have Analog Lab? And is it the full version with all the other applications presets or only some of the presets?
Analog Lab use data from all the other applications to work. Those data are not included in the Analog Lab folder. Even the presets and samples is in othger folders.
The other applications share many of it's data with Analog Lab. If you have V-Collection, then have you tried to install it all?

EDIT:
Keep in mind, that the resource path in ASC ionly is for the resource files.
Here is some info: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/customize-your-ressource-folder-location
EDIT END
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 09:18:05 pm by LBH »

Tjos

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 11:44:07 am »
Thanks LBH

I have the whole V Collection, but can't install it on my 500 Gb external SSD.

What I see is that the same data resources don't have the same size depending on the used disk.
In the Arturia Softare Center, I can choose where I store "resources": My preferences >> Folders >> Resources
By default, it is copied on the internal disk of the computer. In my case C:\program data\Arturia and the size on The disk is about 1.06 Gb for Analog Lab (as an example)
If I change it for one of my external SSD (T:\VSTis\Arturia) Then the same Resource folder occupy 19,8 Gb, only for Analog Lab, and I have the same issue for all synths...

I already asked Arturia's support, waiting for answers, and was wondering if someone in the community met the same issue.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 04:56:34 pm »
Your welcome Tjos,

I must understand you have'nt tried to install the full V-Collection. It would have helped if you just had tried to.

You should be able to have around 20 full V-Collection factory installs on that size i believe.

Thanks LBH

What I see is that the same data resources don't have the same size depending on the used disk.
By default, it is copied on the internal disk of the computer. In my case C:\program data\Arturia and the size on The disk is about 1.06 Gb for Analog Lab (as an example)
Where do you read this 1.06 Gb? If it's the Analog Lab folder in the Arturia folder, then it's not all the resources Analog Lab use.
There are ressources in all the other folders that Analog Lab use. Please read my precious post about sharing resources.

As i tried to explain, then the rest of V-Collection will not take that much space, when most of the ressources allready is installed with Analog Lab.
You seem to think all the applications will take 19 GB space each. That's not the case.
As said, then Analog Lab use resources from the other applications. If you had installed all the other applications first, then Analog Lab would'nt take that much space in it self, simply because nearly all the resources then allready was installed when installing all the other applications.

So just install all the applications. If you disk say it can't then something else is worng.

BTW: I would not call the resource folder VSTi. I think i just would name it Arturia.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 05:06:13 pm by LBH »

Tjos

• Apprentice
SOLVED Re: Size of data on external SSD x10
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 02:37:54 pm »
I found the explanation with Arturia support. In fact, the SSD can’t be in exFat, so I reformatted it in NTFS
And it’s fine now.

LBH

Re: SOLVED Re: Size of data on external SSD x10
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 09:47:59 pm »
I found the explanation with Arturia support. In fact, the SSD can’t be in exFat, so I reformatted it in NTFS
And it’s fine now.
So there was a local technical answer to the issue. Good it's solved.
Thanks for reporting back.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines