April 20, 2024, 02:25:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Free Patches  (Read 1224 times)

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
Free Patches
« on: December 27, 2021, 02:28:12 pm »
I absolutely love Pigments and I have been trying to get Arturia interested in my patches. But alas, they dont respond to my emails.

So, in the meantime, while they dont want to benefit from the hours I put in to crafting unique patches, here are a selection of 35 free patches for you - yes, you. They will only work in V3.5 and above  as they take advantage of the new features.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73wrbtq3djnpufx/Pigments_V3.5%20Bank_Reflections_Larry%20Poulton%20V1.pgtx?dl=0

Enjoy...and if you like them, please let me know and maybe Arturia will contact me.

Kette

Re: Free Patches
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 05:39:02 pm »
Thanks, looking forward to checking 'em out!

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 02:20:41 pm »

Enjoy...and if you like them, please let me know and maybe Arturia will contact me.

I am simply overwhelmed by the feedback.Please - no more.I am just looking for some guidance as to the patches quality and usability. The fact that no can seem bothered to download them or has downloaded them and cant be bothered to spare a few seconds replying is really an eye opener to me concerning the validity of these forums. They seem pointless.....

Teksonik

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 10:20:11 pm »
Don't take it personally. It just the way things are. If you're lucky you'll get "looking forward to checking them out" (which by the way is the rudest response anyone can give) but few people will take the time to give any feedback. It's not just this forum it's all forums. I've given away hundreds and hundreds of patches over the years and I'm lucky to get one "will check them out" for every fifty downloads let alone any feedback, positive or negative. 

As for Arturia giving you attention there are hundreds if not thousands of sound designers out there so I'm sure Arturia gets plenty of submissions. Your work will really have to stand out for them to take notice.

As for the patches themselves they are aimed more at atmospheres and noises than I like so my opinion will be skewed by that fact. For that that reason I won't comment on the quality.

I will say that many are categorized incorrectly for example "Froesen AQUA" is not a Plucked Keys sound, "Charging Attitude" is not a Digital Bass sound and so on.

Also many of the them consume huge amounts of CPU. Not that's not entirely your fault as Pigments is an absolute CPU hog in relation to the sounds it can make. Again for example "Red Dawn Glue" can take 46% of an i7 8700K with just a single note played.

We have to be careful how we program Pigments or it will simply melt down most CPUs and the resulting patches will be all but useless due to high CPU demand. I almost never use Pigments for that  reason and it's on the top of the list of synths I might sell. It's fun to make patches on but it's not a very practical synth.         

Funtmaster

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 09:09:53 am »
Thank you for taking the time to feedback.

I understand that its hard for people to respond but thought I had more of a chance here. I realise that Arturia is probably inundated with submissions but I would at least like a "thanks but no thanks".

I will revisit theses patches and correct the category issue. Pigments is soooo good that at time I think I have finished a patch, categorise it and then tweak it a little to change it and the category should be updated. My bad.

Regarding CPU: I try to balance the complexity whilst keeping an eye on CPU. I often reduce the voice count on CPU hungry patches so that those with higher spec platforms can increase it if required. But you are right - it is difficult.

Again, thanks for your time and feedback, It is valued.

Regards

larry

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines