March 29, 2024, 03:40:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: USB MIDI + DAW produces problems (SOLUTION FOUND)  (Read 1508 times)

Dionysios

• Apprentice
USB MIDI + DAW produces problems (SOLUTION FOUND)
« on: January 08, 2022, 06:02:46 pm »
Hi all,

I am a new MicroFreak user and I am having serious problems with the MIDI and also it's Sync configuration. Basically the setup is correct and I am sure I’ve done nothing wrong till now.

The Microfreak behavior is very bad in USB MIDI at least. Sync is working but when I go to Arp/Seq mode it blocks or it produces a continuous sound, basically for me it doesn’t work. It seems there is a problem with the MIDI Output signal, something like a conflict. In fact, if I turn off the MIDI OUT channel and I turn on Local On in it’s parameters, it seems ok but again, i, Seq mode when the DAW sends a Start message it starts playing by it's own random melodies?!?!

Also something to mentioned, in ARP/Seq mode I see that it receives some random CC signal from the DAW and it changes parameters on the sound engine!

No I am wondering if somebody of you has this hardware and how you’re using with Cubase without issues! I am in contact with Arturia’s support as well but the process is slow and I had no positive results yet.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dionysios
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:06:10 am by Dionysios »

Dionysios

• Apprentice
Re: USB MIDI + DAW produces problems (SOLUTION FOUND)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 03:06:51 am »
Hi all!

I think I’ve found the SOLUTION to the problem!!!
Basically, as you can see from the screenshot I’ve sent here (Cubase_MIDI_Thru), the option MIDI Thru is active in my Cubase Preferences and this thing creates a sort of MIDI Loop to the instrument which is the reason of the abnormal behavior. So, the solution to this which is quite logical now, is to activate the Input Transformer on it’s MIDI Cubase Track channel and set it to LOCAL.

Now everything works perfectly!

I am not sure if this is normal but many users are having the same issue and it’s a shame…

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Sinixstar

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 01:39:53 am »
I posted in another thread on this.

Be careful you don't create a midi feedback loop. It sounds like that's exactly what's happening.
If you play the MF standalone - it works fine, but the second you try to trigger it thru the daw it goes haywire?

Check to make sure you're not routing the notes from MF back to it's self when using ARP/SEQ.
The ARP/SEQ will send the notes being played back to your DAW.
If your DAW is routing those notes back - weird stuff happens.

Dionysios

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 05:45:01 pm »
Thanks for answering and getting back to me, really appreciated.

As I wrote in my previous post, the problem was a created loop cause in Cubase is activated by default under Preferences > MIDI, the MIDI Thru option.
This works perfectly with my other instruments but with MicroFreak was a disaster and I had problems as you've mentioned already.

So, the solution to this is to keep the MIDI Thru IN active but activate in the same time under the MicroFreak's Track Channel the Input Transformer and set it to local.
I've posted some images above to make it clear.

Thanks again for your comments!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines