April 19, 2024, 08:57:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Query - Restarting the sequence with every key press  (Read 1651 times)

Benochian

Query - Restarting the sequence with every key press
« on: January 07, 2022, 04:18:56 pm »
Hi, everyone.

I'm a super newbie to the ARP2600 world, so please be gentle!
:-)

I'm trying to get the 'New Vision' patch in the ARP2600 v3, (which I have now heavily edited) to re-start the sequence from its beginning note every time I press the key on my MIDI keyboard.

Currently, it plays from wherever the previous part of the sequence stopped...and this is somewhat frustrating as the sequence then does not quite fit in with the rest of my audio as I would like it to when I press play in my DAW again.

I know this is something quite simple, but after watching a load of videos and playing about with it; I am still at a loss as to how to get it to do what I want.

Thank you in advance for any advice/tips.

LBH

Re: Query - Restarting the sequence with every key press
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 04:53:38 pm »
Hi,

Yes this is about learning how to do things the old way so to speak.

To reset the sequencer at each keypress you just draw a cable between the Gate output in the KBD GATE/ TRIG section and the Reset in the Sequencer section.

The preset you mention has in it's original state allready a cable between the Gate and the Start/ Stop in the sequencer section. The Reset is two jacks left of the Start/ Stop jack just under the lowest big White button.

You can in example see the cable connection in the factory preset "Sync Seq".

To make the connection you can:
1. Click and hold on the GATE output and drag the mouse to the Reset. When over the Reset then release.
2. Right click when the mouse hoover over the RESET input and in the popup menu select Keyboard/ Keyboard Gate.

You can also use the KBD TRIG output to the Reset input instead of the KBD GATE output.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 05:19:06 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines