March 29, 2024, 03:09:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Any way to prevent standby when PC goes to sleep?  (Read 2844 times)

thestephen

• Apprentice
Any way to prevent standby when PC goes to sleep?
« on: January 06, 2022, 07:00:28 pm »
So far loving the MiniFuse - great sound, easy to use (although the LoopBack always takes a while for me to figure out in a given program).

However, I am having a problem where, whenever my Windows 10 PC goes to sleep/hibernation, when I wake it up and log back in, the MiniFuse doesn't reconnect and I have to manually pull the USB plug in and out to get it to be found again.

Is there any way to work around this apart from having my computer just stay awake all the time?

-Stephen

LBH

Re: Any way to prevent standby when PC goes to sleep?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 08:19:48 pm »
Hi,

If you insist on using Sleep mode, then you can try this:
https://www.top-password.com/blog/set-windows-to-power-on-off-usb-devices-in-sleep-mode/

thestephen

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 09:02:59 pm »
Ah thanks! I'll do that and see what happens. I thought I had disabled that in Power Settings already, but I guess not.

I mostly just need the monitors to turn off, don't really "insist" on Sleep Mode.

thestephen

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 11:56:40 pm »
I tried the method linked above but it doesn't seem to work. Any other things to try?

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 04:08:29 pm »
Ah thanks! I'll do that and see what happens. I thought I had disabled that in Power Settings already, but I guess not.

I mostly just need the monitors to turn off, don't really "insist" on Sleep Mode.
In generel i suggest to at least run in high performance mode and also set the USB connections/ hubs to not allow to be shut down to save power, and then do any power saving manually.
The amps/ monitors can have it's own power saving and muting the volume build in, and it can also be done manually.

In (some) DAWs you also can reconnect a device, if it has been disconnected. But that's also done manually.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 04:09:22 pm »
Hey thanks for the post i was facing same issue and the comment by lbh help me out thanks buddy.
You are welcome Jermey. Thanks.

thestephen

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 04:34:06 pm »
Glad it worked for you Jermey!

Unfortunately, on my end, whenever the computer goes to sleep, the device still goes to sleep even though I have manually disabled it in Power Settings as well as Device Manager.

Right now, I just have to manually pull the USB from the back and re-insert in order to get the MIniFuse back. Will just have to be my technique for now, unless someone else has an idea of how to force it to stay on.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 05:20:18 pm »
Unfortunately, on my end, whenever the computer goes to sleep, the device still goes to sleep even though I have manually disabled it in Power Settings as well as  Device Manager.
You don't mention that you have unchecked the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“ in the "USB Root Hub properties" window. Have you also done that?

I can see it can look like it's the same just to do it in the power option settings when reading the article link i provided. But in my exsperience that's not the excact same thing. The power option setting only work, when the computer is'nt sleeping - i think. So try to do both, if you have'nt.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines