April 25, 2024, 02:31:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Good keyboard to use with Pigments  (Read 1440 times)

jnbutler1815

Good keyboard to use with Pigments
« on: January 04, 2022, 05:56:16 pm »
What is a good keyboard to use to control Pigments?

LBH

Re: Good keyboard to use with Pigments
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 09:10:23 pm »
Hi,

What is a good keyboard to use to control Pigments?
To me a good midi keyboard controller have keys functions with velocity and aftertouch, that you feel is good to play and use, - have the control functionality you search, - have the number and size of keys you need, - have the different controls you need (and  the number of them you need), - have the connections you need, - and have a layout you like to use.
The keyboard controller shall have the functionality that Pigments can use, and that you wan't to use, if that's a goal. It's the same for other applications you wan't to use.

Be sure to have velocity, aftertouch and expression, if you want to use it. Be sure to also have some kind of pitchbend and modwheel. Many of Pigments factory and soundpack sounds use those modulators - and also macros. Also have a Hold/ sustain input, if you wan't to use that.
Perhaps you wan't to use multiple pedals for something. It can be a thing you might find out is good to have.
Get a MPE controller, if you wan't to use MPE (https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/midi-polyphonic-expression-mpe).

I'm not sure what kind of answers you exspect. I also don't know about the knowleadge you have.
There is'nt a controller buildt especially for Pigments.
If a controller works for you in every aspect, and you find you can understand to use it and use without too many troubles after having a study of it, then it's a good controller. I don't know of any midi controllers, that can't be used, but they don't all have the above mentioned functionality.

You only use the word "keyboard". Not the word "controller". I assume you mean a midi controller with a playable keyboard - a keyboard controller.

If you was looking for other answers, then you have to ask more precise. I have no idea what you mean by "good", or why you ask about Pigments only.

Mark Nicholson

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 03:43:16 am »
If you look under Settings...MIDI, they seem to have specific support for all Arturia keyboards, which seems natural. Everything else is 'Generic MIDI. My Native Instruments s88 works well with it, and if I run Pigments via Komplete Kontrol I have six pages of syn th controls right on the keyboard.

ErgoDust

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 11:36:53 am »
I'm really enjoying minicab mk2, everything maps easily and has opened up the instrument to me!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines