March 28, 2024, 01:20:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments 3.5 with NI S49 no input  (Read 1830 times)

rainfactor

• Apprentice
Pigments 3.5 with NI S49 no input
« on: January 03, 2022, 11:21:47 pm »
Hello,
\
I just purchased Pigments and I was wondering if anyone uses Pigments(standalone) with a NI MIDI controller. Mine is the Kontrol s49
Despite showing and being checked off in the Midi settings in Pigments I get no input from the controller. It does work though if I start it from the Maschine and add it as a track. I was under the impression MIDI controllers should be all compatible
Don't care much about mapping the knobs and everything but I would like to have the basic functions enabled aka play the keys and hear the sounds.
My HW setup is MacMini M1 OS 12.1 and the keyboard is directly attached to the computer via USB
I have emailed support but they pointed me to a Monterey FAQ page which I don't think answers my question

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 11:25:54 pm by rainfactor »

LBH

Re: Pigments 3.5 with NI S49 no input
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 11:52:10 pm »
Hi,

I have emailed support but they pointed me to a Monterey FAQ page which I don't think answers my question
Your OS is Monterey. So why does'nt this answer your question: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/compatibility-with-macos-monterey ?

Also check if your NI product is compatible here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000421737-macOS-12-Monterey-Compatibility-Statement
Also check M1 compatibilty for NI products: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-M1-Compatibility-News

This can very well explain your issue.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 11:54:11 pm by LBH »

rainfactor

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 11:59:22 pm »
Hi,

Your OS is Monterey. So why does'nt this answer your question: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/compatibility-with-macos-monterey ?

Also check if your NI product is compatible here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000421737-macOS-12-Monterey-Compatibility-Statement
Also check M1 compatibilty for NI products: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-M1-Compatibility-News

This can very well explain your issue.

Well thank you for your prompt answer. I was under the impression that would be some kind of trick to get it recognized by Pigments as I mentioned it does work within other DAWs if being triggered from the DAW (Maschine and Logic)  and Pigments does see it being plugged in.
Anyways

Thank you and have a nice day

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 12:09:10 am »
Your welcome.

I was under the impression that would be some kind of trick to get it recognized by Pigments
According to your posted image, then Pigments does recognize your controller. But for some reason there apparantly is'nt any communication going on. I can't tell if it's about Pigments or your controller or both. But if Pigments does work otherwise, then that perhaps suggestt it's about Komplete Kontrol. Does the controller work otherwise, just not with Pigments?

A nice day to you to.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 12:17:47 am »
Perhaps it can be about the standalone version of Pigments only, while the plugins is compatible. according to the release notes, the latest Pigments should support M1. But perhaps the Standalone version can't run under Monterey. I can't tell.
I'm on Windows btw.

rainfactor

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 12:22:12 am »
Perhaps it can be about the standalone version of Pigments only, while the plugins is compatible. according to the release notes, the latest Pigments should support M1. But perhaps the Standalone version can't run under Monterey. I can't tell.
I'm on Windows btw.

The controller works fine on pretty much everything else that is why I thought would be Pigments and not the actual hardware and was wondering if anyone would have the same problem with an NI MIDI keyboard
Tried opening Pigments with and without Rosetta Doesn't  make any difference.

LBH

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 12:28:45 am »
As Arturia point at the Monterey compatibility, then it can be about that for the standalone version.

I do think, it can be about compatibility of some kind somewhere. But i really can't tell.

We do know Monterey is'nt supported officially.

I assume you don't see any virtual keys moving on Pigments.

rainfactor

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 12:40:51 am »
As Arturia point at the Monterey compatibility, then it can be about that for the standalone version.

I do think, it can be about compatibility of some kind somewhere. But i really can't tell.

We do know Monterey is'nt supported officially.

I assume you don't see any virtual keys moving on Pigments.

Nope no movements no sound. Guess is not supported yet on Monterey and must be the NI Maschine wrapper that treats it as a VST plugin that gets it going while using it there

LBH

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 12:55:06 am »
You can allways try to reinstall Pigments, if you have'nt allready. Just in case it's not a compatibility issue somewhere.

The standalone version and the plugins is'nt the same. Sometimes there can be issues with a plugin version or the standalone version only.

In any case, then it can be about compatibility issues somewhere. But it's good, if you can play the Plugin in a host with your controller.

rainfactor

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 01:14:48 am »
You can allways try to reinstall Pigments, if you have'nt allready. Just in case it's not a compatibility issue somewhere.

The standalone version and the plugins is'nt the same. Sometimes there can be issues with a plugin version or the standalone version only.

In any case, then it can be about compatibility issues somewhere. But it's good, if you can play the Plugin in a host with your controller.

Just wow. I thought I did reinstall it as initially wouldn't even let me activate it as ASC was down at the time. I did it again just for fun now and it started to work. It's not only working with the S49 but works pretty well with the Maschine Mk3 controller too.

That seems to be solved. 

Thank you. That was helpful and the little details can make a huge difference as you can tell

LBH

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 01:21:37 am »
That's great. I'm pleased to hear that.

Have fun now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines