March 29, 2024, 06:45:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments 3 Hangs in Ableton Live 10 at high refresh rates  (Read 945 times)

Taheen

Pigments 3 Hangs in Ableton Live 10 at high refresh rates
« on: January 05, 2022, 07:16:51 pm »
Sorry if this has been solved already I looked around the forums and found similar posts but none that have been resolved.

I've just purchased Pigments 3 and I'm attempting to use the VST3 with Ableton Live 10. I'm on Win10, running a Ryzen 5950x cpu, Radeon 6900xt gpu running driver version 21.10.2, 64GB of 3600Mhz cas 16 Ram. Sound card is a Focusrite Scarlett 212 3rd Gen at 44100 samples with a 512 buffer size. I have Ableton Live, Pigments, all samples/clips/etc running off of NVME drives. I'm using a Samsung G9 Odyssey Display at 5120x1440p at 240Hz. Whenever I use Pigments in Ableton Live at at high frame rate (anything above 60Hz) both Live and Pigments hang terribly, knobs and buttons on both the Pigments GUI and Live are slow to respond or don't respond to input at all, presets take a long time to load, and everything slows down to the point they become completely unresponsive and I have to force shutdown Ableton Live. Ableton Live never shows usage above 30%, none of my PC cores are maxed out. GPU appears to be basically at idle. This is only when I have the Pigments GUI up and running, if I shut the GUI down and make changes with macro knobs in Live everything works. It appears to be a graphical issue, but I can't nail it down or fix it save for just lowering the frame rate on the monitor to 60Hz. Is this a known issue with Pigments 3 in Live? FYI  Pigments 3 standalone works great at any frame rate - exactly how one would expect, the GUI is responsive and all aspects of the software work flawlessly.

I've tried uninstall/reinstall of both Ableton and Pigments, using vst2 instead of 3, no joy.

Thanks!

LBH

Re: Pigments 3 Hangs in Ableton Live 10 at high refresh rates
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 08:21:20 pm »
Hi,

The info you give, and what you have done is good.

If you can use other similar plugins with no issues, when you run them at the same frame rate and settings, then i suggest you contact Arturia support. Also it might be good to contact Ableton support.

I'm a user. I don't use Ableton, so i can't tell, if there is a setting that can fix this. Except you apparantly just can run a "normal" framerate.
I also does'nt use high resolution of any kind. Most things work at Hd 1080 and 60 Hz, and have a size that one can work with. So i don't have much high resolution exsperience in generel.

I hope it' can be solved easily.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines