April 18, 2024, 10:37:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is it possible to amplify Key/Seq with Add Amount in Matrix?  (Read 701 times)

larioso

Is it possible to amplify Key/Seq with Add Amount in Matrix?
« on: December 23, 2021, 06:25:59 pm »
I tried to accomplish stereo width like my Kawai piano, the higher on keyboard the more panned sound, kind of.

So started like this
- made a matrix slot Ladder Pan
- then Key/Seq source to that
- tested -100 to +100 amount

The most going from lowest octave -2 transpose to highest are maybe 11 am to 1 pm or so.

So I tried to use Add Amount the Ladder Pan 2,3,4 up to 7 times.
But no difference that I could tell.

It seems to me that when using Key/Seq with destination pitch there is some formula referring to C4 distance or something. So below C4 you use negative numbers to go up in pitch, and above you use positive values.

So how exacty do you translate what Key/Seq do?

And how does Add Amount to it actually work?

I did some tests trying to figure it out.
Here it comes.

- offset VCO 1 plus one semitone
- made a destination VCO 2 pitch
- source Key/Seq to VCO 2 pitch
- adjusting amount so pressing C key tuning become the same as one semitone up, like VCO 1 has.
- did this in all octaves and took notes which amount was needed in each octave to move 1 semitone

Result with tranpose -1 from middle, left most C to right most C
Midi note 24(C0) amount -3.92 semitones
Midi note 36(C1) amount -4.19 semitones
Midi note 48(C2) amount -7.40 semitones
Midi note 60(C3) amount -32 semitones
Midi note 72(C4) amount +16 semitones
Midi note 84(C5) amount +50 semitones and Add Amount +13 semitones or so, or around 63 total

I can't make sense of this really, other than both positive and negative values are there.
So figure amplfying should be able to pan fully left to fully right on 4 octaves or something is what I try to do.
But translating pitch over octaves might be very different than like using it as pan values.

Any in depth tutorials on this?

I use Key/Seq successfully otherwise to create key tracking for Amp so balancing level of left hand and right hand playing.

But using it for Ladder Pan it just become really narrow.

Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines