March 29, 2024, 06:38:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 1570 times)

Z7

Need Help
« on: December 23, 2021, 04:53:05 pm »
I am having a problem with VOX Continental V2. The standalone version works fine, but I mainly use it in my DAW and that is where I am running into problems with it at. The problem is that every time I insert it on a track and switch presets, I get an error message telling me Pro Tools ran out of CPU power and afterwards I cannot unload it or any other plug-in. Everything just sort of freezes up so I have to close the session using task manager and open it again. I tried it in a few different sessions and it does the same thing in every session I tried it in.

I have attempted everything I know of to problem solve the situation myself before writing here. I uninstalled it and did a fresh install. As for CPU usage, that should not be a problem considering the size of sessions and my setup. The session I initially noticed it doing it in is not using up enough computer resources to constitute running out of CPU power and the other sessions I checked it in afterwards in which the same thing happened are not. I have also used the plug-in before in my DAW and had no problems. I just noticed it recently. I can still use B3 V-2, Mellotron V, among all the other plug-ins in V-Collection 8 in the sessions I experience the problem with VOX Continental in. I can also use other plug-ins from other companies that use more CPU in the same sessions. So I am just not sure what is causing it.

I do not think I have used it since I last updated the instruments in V-Collection 8 using the Arturia software center, so maybe it is something to do with the last update? Or maybe it is something else. Problem is, I just do not know what it is causing it so I find myself here to see if anyone can shed some light on the situation. Can anyone help me out?

LBH

Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 06:44:37 pm »
Hi,

You can check -
1. Open the plugin in a new Pro Tools song/ project. You seem to have tested in old projects only.
2. Try the plugin in a new song/ project in another DAW if possible.

If the plugin work in both the above cases, then it look like it's about your old ProTools project.

If the plugin work in case 2 but not in case 1, then it look like a problem between your ProTools and the plugin.

If the plugin does'nt work in both the above two cases, then it just tell the issue excist with other DAWs. I use the VST2 version in Studio One 3 PRO on Windows 10, and that work.

As your other Arturia plugins work in your projetcs, then it's probably not about the OS or the plugin version you use itself, if they are the same version.

In all cases you can be sure, that your OS and your DAW also is updated like you plugin.
If you can load other Arturia plugins, then it does'nt look like RAM issues, but you can check - just in case.

Beside this - you can contact Arturia support. It can very well be a bug.

Z7

Re: Need Help
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 07:45:08 pm »
Thanks for the tips. I will try them out. What I did for now was go back two updates to version "VOX_Continental_V2__2_7_1_1263" and it works like it did before the last few updates, so it must be something having to do with them. Next time there is an update, I will go ahead and try it out and see if it works. Thanks again for the help.     
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 07:47:57 pm by Z7 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines