April 18, 2024, 06:33:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essentials Transport Controls Not Working in Logic Pro 10.7.2  (Read 5119 times)

gallascpa

I recently purchased Keylab Essentials 61 to use with Logic Pro X. It worked great for 3-4 weeks, then suddenly the transport controls (play/stop/record etc) stopped working properly. When I hit any of these buttons, the playback in Logic rapidly goes back and forth, makes a noise, and basically locks up all the DAW controls. I'm running Mac OS Big Sur and Logic Pro 10.7.2. I've rebooted my Mac, reinstalled Logic, removed/reinstalled Keylab Essentials from Logic Control, tried a different USB cable, reset Keylab back to its factory settings. Interestingly, the last option worked just briefly. I've searched the web and can't find anyone else with this problem. Is there anyone out there who can help me? Thanks!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keylab Essentials Transport Controls Not Working in Logic Pro 10.7.2
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 10:45:26 am »
Welcome. I haven't seen anyone else report this issue. Have you tried seeing if there are any firmware updates for your keyboard? Having said that it sounds more like a physical malfunction as though the button is getting stuck down.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gallascpa

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 02:07:53 pm »
Problem solved thanks to Arturia customer support! Here is their response.

The following steps will explain how to delete the Logic Pro X user preferences, in order to potentially fix the issue your are actually facing:

1- Quit Logic Pro X if it is running.

2- In the Finder, choose "Go to Folder" from the Go menu.

3- Type ~/Library/Preferences in the field and click Go.

4- Remove the following files from the Preferences folder:

com.apple.logic.pro.cs
com.apple.logic10.LSSharedFileList
com.apple.logic10.plist

- Note that if you've programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You might want to export your custom key commands before performing this step. Learn how to Browse, import, and save key commands.

5- If you upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file.

6- Then restart the computer.

From there make sure to configure the essential as control surface as follows :

To setup the KeyLab Essential with Logic Pro X, please do as follows:

I- First make sure your KeyLab Essential Device Settings are configure correctly, The DAW mode needs to be set in Mackie Control Universal or MCU, here is how:

1- Close all Audio/MIDI applications
2- Open the MIDI Control Center
3- Connect the Device

4- Go to the Device Settings Tab, and configure the settings like this image:

​DAW Mode = Mackie Control
DAW Fader Mode = Jump​ or PickUp

II- Here is how to setup the KeyLab Essential as a MCU Control Surface:

1 - Go to Logic preferences > Control Surfaces > Setup...

2 - Then click on New > Install

3 - In the Control Surfaces list, select Mackie Designs > Mackie Control

4 - Then right click on the controller icon and click "Show Inspector"

5 - In the Output Port select "Arturia Keylab Essential 61 DAW Output"

In the Input Port select "Arturia Keylab Essential 61 DAW Input"

III- The DAW command center of the KeyLab Essential is based on the Mackie Control Universal Classic (MCU) protocol, so it will mainly map the basic parameters of the mixer (volume, pan, etc) and the transport of Logic Pro X , to control other parameters like plug in parameters, etc, you will have to go to Logic Pro X preferences to the Control Surface Tab and click on the Controller Assignments button:

In that section you can use the mapping functionality of Logic Pro X which is one of the best in the DAW market to create a map for the KeyLab Essential, Here are some helpful links about using this section of Logic Pro X:

LOGIC PRO X - Controller Assignments Manual

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1650/en_US/logic_pro_x_control_surfaces_support.pdf

Easy View

https://youtu.be/Bm77G15H6zo

Advance View

https://youtu.be/fHqgCJWx870

You will then use the Map 1 to control Analog Lab and Arturia instruments, the DAW Map to control LPX using the MCU protocol, and you can create your own user map (https://youtu.be/cBsmMtVNbpE) that can be use in conjunction with LPX Controller assignments to control plug-ins parameters, etc and switch on the fly between the three.

TIP: Make sure your custom map have all the Knobs configure with the ABSOLUTE Option to properly control Logic's parameters.

I hope this answer your question, please feel free to contact us if you need more assistance.

Best Regards,

Léo - Arturia Support

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 03:41:01 pm »
Glad you solved it. Thanks for posting-up the solution
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

laserghost

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 03:49:14 pm »
I'm currently experiencing the same issue as the OP, but unfortunately can't get past step 4, as those files don't exist in Finder.

com.apple.logic.pro.cs
com.apple.logic10.plist

I'm running Monterey 12.6.1 and Logic Pro 10.7.5

The KeyLab 61 mkII used to work perfectly (I have it setup as a Mackie Control Surface). Now, all of a sudden, when I hit Play, it starts playback, and then stutters in a constant loop and totally locks up any functionality. I can get out of the loop by changing the project's sample rate, which brings it out of the glitch, but currently the Play button is not working for me as it causes this glitch.

Any ideas? The com.apple.logic preference files do not exist on the version of software.

farnsworthjs@gmail.com

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 03:25:33 pm »
I'm currently experiencing the same issue as the OP, but unfortunately can't get past step 4, as those files don't exist in Finder.

com.apple.logic.pro.cs
com.apple.logic10.plist

I'm running Monterey 12.6.1 and Logic Pro 10.7.5

The KeyLab 61 mkII used to work perfectly (I have it setup as a Mackie Control Surface). Now, all of a sudden, when I hit Play, it starts playback, and then stutters in a constant loop and totally locks up any functionality. I can get out of the loop by changing the project's sample rate, which brings it out of the glitch, but currently the Play button is not working for me as it causes this glitch.

Any ideas? The com.apple.logic preference files do not exist on the version of software.

Same issue happened suddenly this morning. Using Logic 10.7.6 on Ventura. I also don't have those files in the preferences folder so curious if others have found the solution yet

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines