March 28, 2024, 05:57:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSPro & Volca Sample & Drums  (Read 1303 times)

pbacci980

BSPro & Volca Sample & Drums
« on: December 18, 2021, 06:12:24 pm »
I cannot get these to connect for the life of me.  I have updated all units the volcas & the BSPro, I have watched a few youtube videos, most I got was the Volca Sample playing only 4 parts on the top right 4 pads.  Volca drum won't connect I had I sound.  Am I missing something.  Anyone know of/have some good resources for the BSPro & Volca drum or sample, was trying to run both on the drum sequencer, but I couldn't even get one connected.  I got my modal electronics craft2 to run on both seq1 & 2,

pbacci980

Re: BSPro & Volca Sample & Drums
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 08:03:13 pm »
I got the Volca Sample to work for a few min on pads 1-5 & 9-13.  Turned the unit off and lost connectivity.  Anyone else have these issues?  Beginning to think I should haver just gone with a standalone sampler.  Been working on this for almost 2 weeks now, and I am getting nowhere with it.  Would be happy w just getting the Volca Sample to work.  Have put a solid 6 hrs on the thing trouble shooting it today alone. 

Plop

• Apprentice
Re: BSPro & Volca Sample & Drums
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 07:04:33 pm »
Hi, i dont know if you have the first or the second version of the volca sample i'm gonna speak only for the first one.

Did you correctly assign a midi channel for each pad ?
pad 1 -> channel 1 = trigger part 1 on the Vsample
pad 2 -> channel 2 = trigger part 1 on the Vsample
pad 3 -> channel 3 = trigger part 1 on the Vsample
etc ...

CC work also for my unit, sending CC on channel 1 change thing for part 1
 sending CC on channel 2 change thing for part 2 etc ...

Also it's important to note that korg use a different type of clock signal (2PPQ) you can set the clock of the BSP to 2PQQ in midi control center

Also if you have the first version of volca sample you get a custom firmware named Pajen, al the default feature remain the same and it had many thing including a better MIDI implementaion

With the pajen firmware you can trigger each part from channel 11, i set the Drum seq to channel 11 and Drum pad to chromatic and voila

Take not that if you use the volca sample (with or without the custom firmware) anything you send to the midi channel 1-10 with the BSP will be interpreted by the volca sample and my result in weird behavior

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines