March 29, 2024, 05:43:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Discoloured White Knobs And Sliders  (Read 1921 times)

PXPT

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • MatrixBrute twiddler
Discoloured White Knobs And Sliders
« on: December 18, 2021, 02:53:55 pm »
Help!

I'm trying to source replacement white knobs and sliders for my Matrixbrute. I had a black coloured dust sheet draped over my Matrixbrute for several months and this has discoloured all of the white knobs and sliders. The staining looks permanent so I want to replace them but cannot seem to source suitable replacements. Can anyone help me with this?

BTW - the black dust sheet was one sold exactly for the purpose of keeping dust off musical keyboards (a Gator GKC-1648 Stretchy Keyboard Cover).

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Discoloured White Knobs And Sliders
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 10:34:53 pm »
The knobs may not be available off the shelf. I'd contact Arturia support to check if they can provides spares.

joeman

• Apprentice
    • Musical Experiments
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 04:52:08 am »
My Matrixbrute has the same thing, discoloured knobs/faders. Purchased new in 2017. Mine never been in a case or dust protected. Discolouration noticeable after only a year or so. I assumed this would be the case for every single matrixbrute out there in the world.
Experiencing a flow of temporal information now, and in anticipation, and in retrospect.

thark

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 03:02:09 pm »
My experience, in general, is that when discolouration occurs in plastics it is usually due to exposure to high light levels. This has not happened on my Matrixbrute nor is it likely to since the only light in my studio is a couple of 40 watt, warm LED bulbs. No harsh light from windows or bright bulbs.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines