April 18, 2024, 07:20:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware 2.0 install issue  (Read 906 times)

Enoch Root

• Apprentice
Firmware 2.0 install issue
« on: December 16, 2021, 03:10:02 pm »
Hi folks, I'm having issues installing the new firmware update.
 I installed the Polybute connect update, downloaded the new firmware file to install but now Connect doesn't seem to be working with my Polybrute. Tried a dozen times without success. Messages include: Failed to load metadata appear, & update failed.Very, very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Any help appreciated thank you

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Firmware 2.0 install issue
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 07:46:36 pm »
The installer may not have the MIDI driver checked by default - look for that.

One thing you can try if that was the case, is to run the installer with the MIDI driver manually checked (you can uncheck everything else, since that's already installed).

Pincho Paxton

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 11:12:35 pm »
Maybe you downloaded the wrong version. I think there's an Apple version, and a windows version.

Enoch Root

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 09:00:00 pm »
thanks for the help and responses. It seemed to be an issue with the Midi driver as Dr Justice kindly suggested. I tried reinstalling with the box checked and everything else unchecked and it still wouldn't install due to a conflict error with an existing MIDI driver installation. I uninstalled everything and it still wouldn't install.
I managed to find another laptop and downloaded the Connect2 and firmware 2.0 and it worked connecting to my Polybrute and installed the firmware which is awesome...but unfortunately when I try and open connect on the laptop it keeps flagging that it isn't registered on this computer? I fill in the email and password fields and it just isn't accepting these even though they are correct, any ideas or help would be appreciated

Enoch Root

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 09:14:05 pm »
ahhh found the solution in this thread
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108387.0

thank you to all you kind people for the help

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines