April 16, 2024, 07:38:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Completely Unresponsive  (Read 1447 times)

bcab17

• Apprentice
Completely Unresponsive
« on: December 16, 2021, 03:29:17 am »
While trying to enter the Arturia world for the first time, I've had a few questions about purchasing a new keyboard controller. I asked "Tech" a couple of operational questions. I asked "Registration" a question about software licenses. I had a pre-purchase question for "Sales," and finally asked them for some help to make a purchase.

It has been a week since I submitted those "Get Help" messages. There have been no acknowledgement emails, just to say "We received your inquiry, and one of our staff will get back to you shortly." It has just been silence.

I have had communications with many software and hardware companies, all of which that actually want to sell me something, and provide timely support. Some are better than others, but the worst may have taken a couple of days to get back to me. None of them ignored me.

My experience may simply be anecdotal, but it's my only Arturia experience. Unfortunately, what I thought was going to be a fun experience has been, in a word, frustrating.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Completely Unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 01:52:16 pm »
Why don't you ask in this users' community?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

bcab17

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 10:33:55 pm »
Why don't you ask in this users' community?

I have...several times. I have received some very helpful info from YOU and another moderator...I'm guessing that most of the members here don't bother with newbie questions. However, I had some questions regarding product returns/upgrades and software license questions, and it was suggested (not sure if it was by you or another moderator) that they were questions for Arturia...which is as it should be.

Forums like this are a great resource. I belong to a few (some of which are very active), and they provide access to what other customers are experiencing, and hopefully some solutions to their issues. I may be wrong, this is just my opinion, but I do not believe that a forum can or should replace a company's sales and tech support.

Again, you sir, have been very responsive, and I appreciate that.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 11:27:57 am »
You're welcome.

However I do know the limits of my knowledge, and I tend to by-pass questions I can't answer rather than reply with a completely pointless "sorry I don't know". But FWIW I do read pretty much every post.

Other hugely valued contributors round these parts are members like LBH and DrJustice, but again we all kind of only know what we know.

Most people who post here are newbies who join to ask a few specific questions, then disappear when they've either had a good rant or when their questions have been answered, and they don't stick around to help the next generation of newbies faced with the same or similar issues. Unfortunately most users' forums are the same, in that regard.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

bcab17

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 08:43:00 am »
You're welcome.

However I do know the limits of my knowledge, and I tend to by-pass questions I can't answer rather than reply with a completely pointless "sorry I don't know". But FWIW I do read pretty much every post.

Other hugely valued contributors round these parts are members like LBH and DrJustice, but again we all kind of only know what we know.

Most people who post here are newbies who join to ask a few specific questions, then disappear when they've either had a good rant or when their questions have been answered, and they don't stick around to help the next generation of newbies faced with the same or similar issues. Unfortunately most users' forums are the same, in that regard.
I absolutely appreciate someone who says "I don't know" when they don't know. It's an honest answer. I actually was finally contacted by Arturia regarding some of the questions I asked. I was told there was a "bug" that blocked many requests for help, but it was now fixed. Thank you and LBH...I don't believe I have "met" Dr.Justice yet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines