April 16, 2024, 09:42:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: updated to pigments 3.5 - lost all presets and instruments in all my productions  (Read 2542 times)

skydave

I updated to pigments 3.5 using the Arturia Software Center (ASC). Since I had pigments 3.2 I thought this is a minor update with full backwards compatibility. I only expect breaking changes for major updates.

After updating, I opened ableton live which told me that the pigments plugins is incompatible with the version of live. In hindsight I believe what happened is that I was using a vst2 version of pigments which got overwritten with a vst3 version. I think at this point I already lost all tracks using pigments in all my productions.

I looked at installing older versions of pigments which is not possible from ASC. Found some comment which said that the Downloads&Manuals section on the Arturia website has links to older version of the software. I went to the Arturia website and clicked the Downloads&Manuals link in the support section. Nothing happens. The link is broken.

I go back to the ASC and click the reinstall button for pigments. During installation, the ASC presents me with the login screen where I have to enter my user name and password. I do that and click the login button. The ASC shows me the spinner and nothing else happens for about 10 minutes. I decide to kill the app using the task manager. Starting the ASC again does not work. The app doesn't show. I restart my machine. Again, starting the ASC does not work. Nothing happens.

I uninstall the ASC and reinstall it again. The app works again and after logging in, I reinstall pigments one more time.

Now the pigments dll in my vst2 plugin directory is gone and ableton live now does not complain about the plugin version being incompatbile anymore. It now
complains that it can't find the plugin at all.

In all the places where I used pigments in my productions it won't be able to find the plugin. With that, the settings are lost as well. Further I lost all my self-made presets. I lost hundreds of hours of work.

:(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 08:50:50 am by skydave »

LBH

Hi,

Not a great situation.

Ii assume you are on Windows.

The new Pigments is an update.

To me it sound like it can be about the plugins install path is'nt set correct in ASC, so it match with the VST2 location Live read. I suggest you check that.
I assume the VST2 you have installed is placed on the location set in ASCs preferences for VST2.
ALso be sure, that you have'nt multiple installs on your computer.
I hope this will solve your issue.

Regarding the download website, then it can be rather slow to load.
FUI: It's also possible to download from the products pages.

Perhaps many have tried to download the new Pigments. Then traffic can be slow or unresponsive at times.
But yes sometimes servers can be down.

Best

skydave

Thanks for your comment. I was able to resolve the issue by reaching out to customer support. They sent me the link to the pigments download directly (the link you would be able to click on the Downloads&Manual page). Reinstalling pigments from scratch resolved the issue for me. Indeed today the page worked for me again. Seemed it was under some heavy load yesterday.

I think what happened was that updating via ASC did screw up something in regards to my custom VST2 plugin locations as you said.

So now my productions are fine again and I only lost all my presets  :P

LBH

Your welcome,

Great it's installed now. Thanks for reporting back.

You should still have your User presets, unless you have deleted them yourself, or something very strange have been going on.
I can't tell, if installed soundpacks will be gone, but in that case you can just install the soundpacks again.

I suggest you check the VST2 install path in ASCs preferences too.

An advice for the future is to allways create backups of your work. You never know if something will happen. An if, then it does'nt matter, if it's your fault or not. A backup can be beneficial for your health too. :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines