March 28, 2024, 10:54:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sync Keystep 37 from/to Maschine AND Ableton  (Read 1301 times)

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sync Keystep 37 from/to Maschine AND Ableton
« on: December 15, 2021, 11:34:16 am »
I use Native Instruments Maschine and Keystep as a Midi-Keyboard as an additional input (Mac).

Both Maschine and Keystep are connected via USB.

The Maschine Software is sending the Sync-Clock.

I receive some trigger in the correct tempo when I set the Keystep to Clock=USB.

Two problems:

1. When I start "Play" on Maschine the arpeggiator will start automatically on the keystep. I have to stop it manually every time I want to play. There ist no "off"-mode for the arpeggiator. Any idea on this? I looked it up in the Midi-Control-Center Software but did not find any solution.

2. When I actually use the arpeggiator none of the note is in time. I understand, that the first note cannot be right on time. But in the following steps the recorded notes are all "behind" or to early... depending on the first note. I thought that the arpeggiator (or sequence) should follow the beat of the sync and not my fist note played...

(Note: I set my Maschine Timing offset to -14ms ... that seems a lot but helps a lot to get it right.)

Any idea on this. Did I miss something within in the "Midi Control Center" or maybe in the settings of Maschine?

...thank you so much for help
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 09:30:51 pm by winihh »

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sync Keystep 37 from/to Native Instruments Maschine
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 09:30:19 pm »

I changed to Ableton now and have the same problem... Sync is now much better, but whenever I start Keystep the arpeggiator is starting.

Any idea on this? In a live situation with Ableton (or Maschine) you have to stop the arpeggiator everytime when you start a session...

Are you all doing this? Thanks for your help and feedback...

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Sync Keystep 37 from/to Maschine AND Ableton
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 12:50:24 pm »

In the Midi Center Software you can set the Arpeggiator or Step-Sequenzer in Armed on and of. This toggle will stop the arpeggiator starting automatically.

I found this information in Keystep-Forum ...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines