April 26, 2024, 03:16:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC Error 01-The ASC background service is unreachable. Windows 10 Pro  (Read 8929 times)

windowman

I've searched through multiple posts and can't seem to find a solution to the same problem a lot of users are having. I'm still on V Collection 5 and haven't had a need to upgrade to any newer versions. 
ASC is giving me>
ERROR 01- The ASC background service is unreachable. If the problem persists, you might have to reinstall the ASC.

I've been having this problem intermittently for a few years, but it was usually once a week or so. I'd turn the PC off and on again and it would be fixed.
Hence not bothering to come to the forum until now. I figured Arturia would eventually work this out.

This problem got a lot worse a couple of weeks ago when I bought an Arturia KeyLab 49 MKI. I spent three days trying to get that controller to work with my system and REAPER. It wasn't even working with any of the Arturia software as a standalone, so I gave up, took it back and bought a Nektar which has worked flawlessly since.

Now, I'm getting that error at least once a day. I've uninstalled and reinstalled ASC several times. This is a real confidence booster for clients standing behind me, asking me what happened to the B3 line they recorded.

On the website, I can't deactivate KL Essential 49, only Analog Lab 4, Analog Lab V. The thing is I purchased A4 and A5, so I obviously don't want to lose those.

So, I'm not sure if it's a coincidence that the ASC is getting worse, or if it has something to do with the controller, but I'm beyond frustrated and getting way behind in work. I'm really at the point of just weening myself off of Arturia products entirely and looking at my other options that actually work as intended, even if the quality isn't 100% of the Arturia stuff. I love the software when it works, but yeah, it needs to work.   
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7
32 GB RAM
ASUS X99
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
REAPER
Presonus Studio 192

uscore713

I have just experienced this problem myself.  WTF is this???

I have been designing software for 50 years now, and thought this kind of ill begotten trash was eviscerated long ago.

"You may have to reinstall the ASC" ????

But you don't provide a link to the instructions as to how you reinstall said "ASC" ???

I am writing this Reply a full 4 months after the unanswered original post, yet here we are, with no response from Arturia.

I have since uninstalled all Arturia CRAP on my system, as they are now dead to me.

Given how many great samples and products are available nowadaze, you may want to do the same.

windowman

Yeah, not one response from the company. In my experience, the bigger the corporation, the worse the support.

As I said in my original post, my Nektar has still been working flawlessly. Some other poor sap is probably stuck with the KeyLab 49 MKI now.

My workaround for the ASC problem has been to start it up and leave it running in the background right after I boot my PC and before I start my DAW. I still get the error, but not as frequently as before. Still though, it's a huge PITA if I have to reboot my entire system to get it working again. Especially if I have clients hovering around behind me.
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7
32 GB RAM
ASUS X99
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
REAPER
Presonus Studio 192

ravi

Re: ASC Error 01-The ASC background service is unreachable. Windows 10 Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 12:06:04 pm »
Go to system settings - general - login items . Look for Arturia. Enable it. Remove and reinstall the ASC. All will work well

ZeroInfin

Re: ASC Error 01-The ASC background service is unreachable. Windows 10 Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 08:16:10 pm »
Thanks so much. I was fight ing this for some time now.

NO_ONE

ok I had the same problem and this the steps I took fix this problem
My laptop is a mac im on macOS ventura 13.2.1

1. first check to see if I can login into arturia through the website and I was
2. I turned off and on my computer and still got the error message from the aurtria software center (ASE)
3. Deleted the application from my laptop and redownloaded and installed it, turned off my computer, turned it back on still same problem
4. I went to check to see what application are running in the background. it was disabled I enabled it and then it worked

for mac go to your
system settings/general/login items

once you follow this path you will see all the application that are disabled or enabled for background make sure Aurtria software center is enabled

rod

This worked....never thought that the default was off on those items....don't understand that...but your advice worked.  Thank you!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines