March 28, 2024, 02:10:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: change Keylab 88 Mk2 presets by external midi  (Read 732 times)

paddy

• Apprentice
change Keylab 88 Mk2 presets by external midi
« on: January 31, 2022, 02:57:09 am »
Greetings.  I'm new to this forum and considering buying a Keylab 88 Mk2 to use primarily for live performances where it'll mostly be controlling virtual instruments on an iPad.  I'm currently using a Studiologic SL 88 which I'm not totally happy with mostly because I need more controls so I end up using extra fader/pad controllers and want to consolidate them into something like the 88 Mk2 which has those.  So first off anyone with similar use that has advice to offer?

Otherwise my main question right now is whether the Keylabs respond to simple external MIDI messages like a program change to change the active user preset?  These would be coming from an app on the iPad used during performances to send patch changes to the virtual instruments (mostly in AUM) as well as other hardware gear.

I see some discussion in this forum about using sysex for various setup changes but that's currently over my pay grade so in the meantime wondering if straightforward PC messages can be used?

And if/when I were to get on top of sending sysex am I right the if one knows what they are doing can one essentially re-configure most of the keyboard on the fly with sysex so your not limited to 10 user presets?

Thanks

Pat

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines