March 28, 2024, 10:04:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Add KeyStep 37 support to V-Collection 8  (Read 2990 times)

beaugunderson

• Apprentice
Add KeyStep 37 support to V-Collection 8
« on: December 11, 2020, 06:44:11 am »
Looks like it's currently missing:

ruinerhalo666

• Apprentice
Re: Add KeyStep 37 support to V-Collection 8
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 03:35:04 am »
Keystep37 does not appear to be mapped by default to any Arturia software that I've seen. It also doesn't show up in list of supported devices even. And this hasn't been bumped in more than 120 days, the forum is warning me. Almost every support forum I visit, the requests do not have answers. Not very reassuring, honestly. I just picked up a Minibrute 2S and it hasn't received firmware update in several years. :(

flyjat76

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 03:48:17 pm »
I'm awaiting delivery of my Keystep 37 (Black so not released for a couple of weeks!) but as far as I understand 16 banks of MIDI CC are available

The V collection/Analog Lab controller presets are simply collections of MIDI CC's - so why not simply create your own preset?

Alternatively, you could map the Keystep to the CC's of something like a MiniLab or KeyLab & then just use those presets.

(These CC's are effectively the same as per the 'Generic Controller' presets).

I've just sold my KeyLab Mk2 in favour of a Native Instruments S61 Mk2 - it actually maps to Arturia software better than Arturia controllers, apart from Analog Lab - for this I've simply mapped the S61 Mk2's encoders in MIDI mode to the same CC's used by the KeyLab Mk2.

I've also done the same for my portable controllers (M-Audio Oxygen Pro Mini & AKAI MPK Mini Mk3) - mapped their controls to those as per KeyLab Mk2.

Works a treat.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 03:54:53 pm by flyjat76 »

grrrzzzt

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 07:48:24 pm »
I think it's a pretty useless feature; you can either map your ks37 to match analog lab's mapping; or map your analog lab to match your KS37 CCs. you have to do this exactly once and it's done; it should take you less than a minute. They probably didn't add it because it has only 4 knobs and it's a matter of preference which controls you want to have grouped together on which bank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines