April 27, 2024, 06:26:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: keylab 88 mkii unresponsive- midi drops  (Read 1169 times)

dpao

• Apprentice
keylab 88 mkii unresponsive- midi drops
« on: November 28, 2021, 08:12:36 pm »
Hi all,
I have an Mkii 88 key keylab with a windows 10 system.  So far the keylab will stop sending midi (checked with controller) I have to turn off the keylab and then go to what ever programs midi connections and reset it up to get it working.  It will only play for about 5 to 30 minutes.  I have made every adjustment you can think of to the computer ( set to performance first, turned all the usb ports to always on etc.) to no avail.  It is connected directly to the motherboard and not going through a hub.  My only guess at this point is a defect  such as loose connection that the vibrations from the keyboard causes to stop. And that is just a shot in the dark. 
Anybody know how to fix this?
Thanks

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: keylab 88 mkii unresponsive- midi drops
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 02:06:19 pm »
This does sound like a fault, they are not supposed to do this. However unless you have another computer to try it on, you can't be sure at which end the fault lies. I have two computers at my disposal, which is handy for diagnosing faults because you can quickly eliminate variables. Considering computer hardware is so cheap and plentiful these days (sometimes you can get hold of an obsolete Win7 PC for literally free) I had assumed most people have access to at least two different computers they can use to diagnose faults, yet I've found out to my surprise most people just don't.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

dpao

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 11:02:28 am »
thanks for the idea.  I do have other computers at my disposal.  I was hoping this was a button somewhere and did not feel like loading software onto the other computer just to test.   

simonegiusti

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 02:39:21 pm »
Same behaviour occurred to me ...

i sent a short video and I am looking forward to receive a feedback from support.

I tried swapping ports and cables. I can't be sure but these problems starting when upgrading firmware to 1.3. Did you upgrade firmware ??

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines