March 29, 2024, 10:36:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Auto-save pattern?  (Read 767 times)

bronco

• Apprentice
Auto-save pattern?
« on: November 28, 2021, 11:40:20 am »
It's a pretty tedious and time consuming process to save a pattern now. Press "save" + "pattern" + choose a number. It would be easier and a much faster workflow if there was an auto-save function for patterns. It's faster to clear a pattern now (shift+ 1 or 2) and I rather do that if there was an auto-save than constantly remembering to save and spend time on that when I'm in a flow. Or maybe a faster shortcut with just "save" + pattern number or "save + track" to save current pattern would speed up the ease of use and flow.

thalund

• Apprentice
Re: Auto-save pattern?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 01:14:19 pm »
I completely agree.

TBH I don't really see the usability rationale of loose all edits by just flipping back and forth between two patterns or sequencers.
If you're working on two pattern in 01 and 02 where an edit in 01 affect what you'd want 02 to play and vice versa:  You have to save progress every single time you switch. it's incredibly tedious. On top the saving process is a "save as…" type since you actively have to specify which pattern you're saving. Tiny mistake, now both 01 and 02 are pattern 01.

Even more so between the sequencers, where for instance edits in a drumbeat can dictate edits in a bass-line. You want to try some options back and forth, leads to endless saving.

As with any document based application, or programmable synth why isn't there an edit-buffer project that will keep all changes made until you decide to save part (individual sequences) or the entire project?

Apart from this I love the power and flexibility of the BSP

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 01:16:28 pm by thalund »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines