April 26, 2024, 12:28:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Better control over midi message forwarding  (Read 353 times)

BigFknRobots

Better control over midi message forwarding
« on: July 28, 2022, 04:33:42 pm »
I really wish you could have an option to forward all midi messages received to the KSP's midi input, directly through to the midi output
especially if it had some clever code to reduce the chance of duplicate messages

So many ideas I get for integrating this into novel setups, gets hampered by the lack of control over these kinds of midi messages.

Example. I love that I can control my AFX station synth. I can set it to midi channel 2, I can set Track 2 on the KSP to midi channel 2
if I get another controller keyboard, and set it to midi channel 2 and feed it into the KSP's input, I can record notes to Track 2, even when the KSP's keyboard is set to another Track.

This is awesome!

But it all falls apart, you can get note duplicates.
a key on that keyboard, is triggering it's internal synth engine directly, as well as being forwarded to and from the KSP.

normally I would turn "local control off" on the synth.

But the KSP will only forward through the CC data for the 5 predefined CC knobs for the entire project.
When I turn local control off, I lose the ability to adjust any parameters on the synth. The only simple solution, is to take a 3rd keyboard and ignore the one built into the synthesiser..... which I think is an overlooked thing.

I'd love to have the option to forward all CC data, no CC data or only the 5 CC's you define for the encoder automation (the current behaviour)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines