March 28, 2024, 01:03:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't use my keystep37 to control Analog Lab V???  (Read 5345 times)

mowingmachine

• Apprentice
Can't use my keystep37 to control Analog Lab V???
« on: November 27, 2021, 11:32:13 pm »
I didn't succeed tu use my keystep37 in Analog Lab V while i work well in FLstudio and other software. I can't see in the MIDI controler list the keystep. Hwo to use my keystep in analo lab? Thanks for any incoming advice and help ^^

Adrien_Arturia

• Administrator
  • Apprentice
Re: Can't use my keystep37 to control Analog Lab V???
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 11:14:54 am »
Hi you can select KeyStep37 in the 'Audio Midi Settings' in the MIDI Devices section.
If you want to use the CC knobs of KS37 to control the macros in AL you'll need to:
- Go to the instrument settings (scroll wheel at the top right of the plugin)
- Go to the MIDI Tab
- Choose Generic MIDI Controller (only the Lab controllers are automatically mapped)
- Select 'Empty' in MIDI Config
- You can then use the 'Learn' function to assign your CC knobs to the macros
- When it is down you can save this MIDI Config and rename it

Hope it helps,

Best

Adrien

francoise

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 10:07:50 pm »
This was written for Pigment, but it's almost the same for AL. I assume you followed Adrien's advice.

On the k37, you press Shift Chord to access a bank (let's say b1).

In Pigment and AL, you click the wheel on the upper right corner, the MIDI tab.
In the midi config box below, you will be offered a default or generic config.
Let's use the empty config to start by scratch.
Then you click on the Learn button below the config box.
The AL (Pigment) controls will be either purple (unassigned) or red (assigned to a cc#).
You click on the Macro 1 button in Pigment or the Brightness button in AL.
In the list box below Learn, the corresponding midi property (Control Brightness in AL / Macro1 in Pigment) will appear selected in the list under Learn.
You then turn the first knob slightly on the K37, the button will turn red. It is now assigned to the first K37 knob.
Idem for the other macros and K37 knobs.
Then don't forget to save the config renaming it as you wish (by default it's called User1).
Then leave the Learn mode.

mowingmachine

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 10:45:02 pm »
Thanks for you return, but my keystep37 is still not working (when I even press a single key, it doesn't activate a sound) while being recognized since the first plugin in FLstudio 20 :'(
I selected generic 9 knobs, empty, and did as you said. Still not wokring, even just the keys of the keystep to launch a single note.

I bought AL V collection 8 thinking all would be working like a charm (that's arturia with arturia!!)

mowingmachine

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 09:30:25 am »
Do I have to do something before in the Midi Control Center? Or on the keystep (changing the two buttons for 'clock' on its back?)? But if it works with FlStudio, why AL V can't recognize it? :(

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 11:15:08 am »
In Analog Lab have you selected your Keystep 37 as the default midi controller?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

mowingmachine

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 11:46:27 am »
I don't see it in the list of midi controller :( So, I try using "generic controller with 9 knobs" and doing as proposed by the people answering me previously, but still doesn't work. The keystep is not even recognized it seems by AL V. I'm sure I'm missing a step or something evident for other people, trying to figure which one ^^

mowingmachine

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 02:12:01 pm »
Please, can someone explain me how to plug from scratch the keystep37 to AL V? Do I have to configure something in Midi Control Center? Do I have to configure something on the keystep37?

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 09:34:02 am »
No. Once you plug the KS37 into your computer via USB, Analog Lab V should see it and allow you to select it as the default controller.

Worth checking that you haven't changed the KS37's midi channel from Channel 1: other posters have in the past changed this by accident, and by default most presets in Analog Lab only respond to MIDI data on MIDI Channel 1.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

francoise

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2021, 03:19:48 pm »
When you say
I don't see it in the list of midi controller :( So, I try using "generic controller with 9 knobs"

You seem to be looking at the wrong place (in the Advanced Parameters), Keystep 37 is not there, it's the same for me.
In the left top corner of AL, you click on the icon with the three horozontal lines. See picture enclosed.
Then you open Audio Midi Settings.
In Midi settings (panel on the right), Keystep 37 should be listed, you activate the Keystep (blue dot in Windows).

mowingmachine

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2021, 11:02:04 pm »
Merci beaucoup Françoise <3 ^^
Your picture helped me to solve my trouble... >(the three hyphens icon on the top LEFT*)>Audio Midi settings then on the new opening window, select keystep37 on the right part of this window with a checkbox to tick in blue for me

To Arturia: not really user-friendly, this checkbox to tick should be on board (or as a flashy message on top) or activated by default!

* Message to future me: Left is on the other right.

francoise

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2021, 04:29:02 pm »
De nada, mowingmachine!

One has to get used to applications in standalone. It may be easier in DAWs.
It took me some time to figure out how to configure my midi controllers (midi port and channels) in standalone Kontakt player. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines