March 29, 2024, 10:21:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polybrute global transpose, when will arturia finally listen to us?  (Read 1140 times)

ceramicwhite

I really can't believe how
such an essential feature as a global transpose by at least 6 + - semitones was not programmed in from the beginning.
Is this perhaps not possible because a hardware part was omitted?
When will arturia finally listen to us?
If this feature does not come soon i will sell my polybrute unfortunately...

larioso

Re: Polybrute global transpose, when will arturia finally listen to us?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 03:15:41 pm »
You mean what is common on digital pianos - to transpose so you can play any song like in C major or A minor?

Usually just holding a button and pressing a key to transpose to that as root note, or similar like for split keyboard with holding Timbrality.

+1 - Could be useful.

I hired vocalists a couple of times and they wanted have the song up a couple of steps. Culprit as songwriter non-singer sometimes overlooking this.

ceramicwhite

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 03:34:14 pm »
You mean what is common on digital pianos - to transpose so you can play any song like in C major or A minor?

Usually just holding a button and pressing a key to transpose to that as root note, or similar like for split keyboard with holding Timbrality.

+1 - Could be useful.

I hired vocalists a couple of times and they wanted have the song up a couple of steps. Culprit as songwriter non-singer sometimes overlooking this.

yes, I would do the same when I want to sing to it...

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 02:23:43 pm »
We're in an age where virtually any functionality can be added via a software patch, but back in the day when a synth's functionality was determined by its physical circuitry it wasn't particularly uncommon for analog synths like the polybrute to not have transpose controls. The closest they had was a tuning control, usually only there because the circuits would drift off tune, or to tune it to the key of an acoustic instrument or tape which wasn't at A=440Hz. If you wanted to play a song in a different key, you learned to play in the different key, or you relied on the tuning control which offered maybe ±2 semi-tones. That only really changed with the arrival of digital synths in the late 1980s.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

larioso

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 03:41:41 pm »
Maybe I see the reason being so simple when midi arrived beginning 80's.
So easy to just shift what a key is sending.
Nothing in electronics needed be altered otherwise.

There is in PB a transpose by semitones for sequencer as I recall.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:45:04 pm by larioso »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines