April 19, 2024, 07:48:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: PolyBrute Record MORPH Knob Midi Data  (Read 892 times)

SuperStarO

• Apprentice
PolyBrute Record MORPH Knob Midi Data
« on: September 27, 2021, 11:36:18 am »
Has anyone else noticed this issue or found a way around it?

So when recording the PolyBrute into a DAW such as Studio One that I use , the MORPH knob records no changes at all when played back.

So say i'm recording a melody & I get wild or do any changes to the morph knob while recording , NONE of that data plays back from the daw.

I am using the connect VST as well & all. It is very odd , everything else you twist turn tap or slide changes & records into the midi playback but not the MORPH knob at all.

larioso

Re: PolyBrute Record MORPH Knob Midi Data
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 11:28:17 am »
Manual state that Morph is to be midi CC#3.
You could see at midi monitor in StudioOne whether this arrives or not.

If arrives and not recorded see if any setting for a filter that I think is there. CC#3 is not that common.

Just beware of how StudioOne handles continuous midi CC. I abandoned StudioOne because of it. Don't know if fixed in V5 though.

What happend in V4 was that all incoming CC is converted to automation.
And lets say you a couple of bars into a recorded clip start moving a knob like Morph.
Then this first value that is sent is made the initial value of the recorded clip, which might be or not what you want.

The value is not sent where it first occured. It is sent as initial value at beginning of clip, or you have to edit to modify to zero if knob was all on A as start.

Most daws allow to convert to automation or not, V4 StudioOne did not give a choice.

I had issues with this with many things like leslie on/off for hammond etc. Since on/off thingy the first value was On, since you sent that sometimes while playing. So leslie was always turned on if used in a clip.

Just a remark to check out so you get what you expect.

larioso

Re: PolyBrute Record MORPH Knob Midi Data
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 04:07:38 pm »
Probable reason morph is not sending is that default setting is not to send.

Goto Settings -> Midi -> Control Change and set to ON.
Then I got CC#3 with morph knob moved.

Some other CC like from pedals were on by default it seems.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines