March 28, 2024, 04:28:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: controlling multiple parameters with 1 CC?  (Read 1028 times)

vsthem

• Apprentice
controlling multiple parameters with 1 CC?
« on: November 18, 2021, 06:06:48 pm »
Hey all. So I'd like to be able to control multiple parameters with one MIDI slider. Such as LOW LPF on to VCFs on the CS-80v. Is this possible? This seems like a very basic function. I tried mapping the two parameters to 2 different ccs, using LEARN, and then manually changing the CCs to both read CC13, but it won't allow both controls to be changed by the same CC. There must be a way to do this, right?

LBH

Re: controlling multiple parameters with 1 CC?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 11:44:42 pm »
Hi,

One midi CC can - when using midi learn - only be assigned to one parameter.
But the keyboard controls and midi CCs that's used for the applications different modulation matrixes - and for the applications different Macros can be used to control multiple parameters.
So just use the Modulation Matrixes and the Macros instead of Midi learn, then you can do what you want.

Hope this help.

vsthem

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 05:18:43 pm »
I'll have to look into modulation matrixes. First I've heard of them. Thanks!

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 03:44:39 pm »
You may have found this, but just in case..   Each of the VC8 instruments, along with Analog Lab - have assignable 'Macros'.  These can be found by clicking the Gear icon on the GUI and selecting the Macro tab.  There, you will see the four default Macros.  Brightness, Timbre, Time, and Movement.  Each of these controls can have zero to many assigned controls on the instruments.  It is easy to see, if you pull open a patch, click on edit for the instrument and see how the sound designer mapped controls to these macros.  With these mapped to various knobs, switches, controls on the instrument - you can manipulate all those controls at the same time, by moving just the Macro knob they have been assigned to, in the GUI.    You can then.. click the MIDI tab (next to the Macro tab you are editing on) - and assign a single CC to each of the four Macros.  Now.. you have multiple controls mapped to a single CC.   There are videos which show this, but once you have mapped out an instrument this way - it's pretty simple. 

hth

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines