March 28, 2024, 07:35:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Novation SLmk3 users?  (Read 3677 times)

escargot

• Apprentice
Novation SLmk3 users?
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:31:06 am »
how are you finding the integration with arturia instruments?

LBH

Re: Novation SLmk3 users?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 04:50:28 pm »
I have the older Novation SL MK 2. I use it with Arturias software instruments.
What excactly do you mean by integration?

Arturias own controllers have some speciel functionality/ integration with Arturias software instruments, that i don't think you find in any other controllers, if that's what you mean.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:54:16 pm by LBH »

escargot

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 10:35:03 pm »
I mean when you open the plugin (any 3rd party actually), you have some sort of automappings straight away on the mk3.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 02:19:00 am »
SL MK3 does'nt seem to use Automap like my SL MK2 can, and Arturia btw does'nt create mappings for that. That's actually not as good as it has been. Perhaps that's why Novation SL MK3 does'nt seem to use Novation automap.
So do you mean if Arturia have made SL MK3 templates like this for each of their synths?:
https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001185780-Getting-Started-with-SL-MkIII-Components

As far as i can see, then SL MK3s templates is using MIDI CC.
Arturias applications also use MIDI CC.

I don't think Arturia have created any templates for SL MK3. But in Arturias applications many parameters is mapped to generel MIDI CC mapping.
And it's possible to create severel of your ovn Midi configurations in Arturias applications to be loaded when you wish, and that might give you more possibilities than applications that does'nt have this option. Not all vendors offer to save multiple MIDI configurations.

And you can create Templates for SL MK3 yourself. I can imagine a standard template allready will control something in Arturias applications, but i can't tell.

That together give many possibilities.

I will not call that integration. It's just possibilities given by the way SL MK3 and Arturias and other vendors applications work.

Do you exspect more than this? If so - then what?
As said - Arturias own controllers have some speciel functionality/ integration with Arturias software instruments.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:37:03 am by LBH »

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 11:40:14 pm »
Sorry to revive this old thread...  :)   However -- has anyone created mappings files for the V Collection 8 instruments for their SL MKIII?  One person shared a map file for the Matrix-12 V on the SL MKIII Facebook page (along with some mapped controls).  After seeing how hugely beneficial that was... I am looking for the others... Or - will start down the path of mapping my own. 

JDoo

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 11:55:51 pm »
What i have found, with my SL MK3... is it makes sense to map the first 5 Faders.   
Fader 1       Fader 2         Fader 3        Fader 4      Fader 5
Part            Brightness     Timber        Time          Movement
Volume       CC18             CC19            CC16         CC17

Doesnt really matter for channel volume (I am using 41), but the others - are fairly consistent with the SLMKIII and Arturia's defaults... so I am using them.  Anyway - I ended up hosting my Arturia synths into a Mainstage concert and using these CC messages.  I keep every Arturia soft synth mapped to these CCs and positions on the SL MKIII.  What I found that works.. is setting the first SL MKIII Parts (1-4) to hardware synths / external effects, and Parts 5-8 for a Mainstage Concert mapped as above.  It's consistent across all songs, and makes using the SL MKIII as a master controller- way cool.  Am using the faders above, along with aftertouch (CC:1 / Modulation) and the wheels for live play.   I have a few other consistently mapped Rotary Control / Buttons for Previous / Next Patch, Favorites, and Previous/Next Song.  I think there may be others... but the key (for me) has been setting up consistent Rotary, Faders, Buttons across Concerts, Songs, Patches, Controls.  The SL MKIII is a great controller, after you figure out how you're going to use it - and how to map things..

Joe
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 11:58:05 pm by JDoo »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines