April 26, 2024, 10:54:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: After installing Arturia PolyBrute presets... where are they?  (Read 787 times)

homelessballoon

After downloading, activating/registering and installing the free Arturia PolyBrute presets Banks, I restart the Mac, turn on the PolyBrute, open PolyBrute Connect - but the newly installed preset Banks are not visible. - What's happening, and what did I do wrong? I have tried again, and then suddenly two of the banks are visible, but not the other banks. I read the thread about this, but there is seems that the comments are referring to an older version of PolyBrute Connect and Arturia Software Center. - Where on earth are the support staff at Arturia - why can't they make this work?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: After installing Arturia PolyBrute presets... where are they?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 12:09:25 am »
You have to run Arturia Software Center to authorize the sound banks, then the new banks should appear in PolyBrute Connect.

homelessballoon

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 09:42:16 pm »
But all the PolyBrute Banks are all registered in my account at arturia.com and show serial number, unlock code and a green spot besides the "Registered" text. - Do I need to register them again, inside the Arturia Sofware Center. Now, they are not visible in the My Products or My Updates in the ASC-app.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 10:04:20 pm »
The procedure is to download and run the sound bank installers, then run ASC which authorizes them. The sound banks are not shown in ASC, only in PBC after authorization.

Polish_Prince

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 06:34:20 am »
Thanks Dr Justice. I did the same thing.. I just started importing and importing and importing, and now I've got a hot mess of duplicate patches.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 03:22:54 pm »
On Windows, you can go here and clean up by deleting than bank folders you don't want, then reinstall as needed:
C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets\PolyBrute Connect\Factory
(Apple users can probably find them in a "similar location" in Apple terms...)

If your preset banks have gone haywire, after manually managing things or otherwise, you can try deleting the preset database (it's just meta data, not the actual presets):
C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets\db.db3
It will automatically be rebuilt by ASC, or even by just running a single softsynth AFAIK.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 11:45:29 am by DrJustice »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines